No announcement yet.

Scotland National Team Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye true, it's good when everyone can just discuss how well Scotland are doing rather than usual Rangers/Celtic bitter rivalry.

Comment

tbh there should be more Dundee FC news

Comment

I'm English but I loved it when Scotland so very nearly qualified for Euro 08. Would be great to see them in the WC, I grew up in England on a mining estate dominated by Scots. It was even named 'The Jock Estate', the '78 WC was a great time.

Comment

Well that game was a suckfest!

Burley doesn't seem to know how to put players out. McFadden up on his own, then two untested players out together after that. Bit pointless. Poor performance, lucky to get the draw.

Comment

No established strikers up top in the first half and then 2 untried strikers playing for the 2nd with 'Mr Goals' stuck removing splinters from his backside......

/Slow clap........

Comment

Burley said Boyd has to establish himself in the Rangers squad before he gets a game for Scotland.

Just **** off and let the guy play, gaurantee he'll score!

Comment

Auld Danny Boyd has certainly thrown his dummy out!

Comment

Burley certainly has some bottle! (It's got Bell's written on it)

Comment

I remember when there was some rumours/reports leaked from Hearts about his drinking problems.

As for Boyd, while I don't agree with his method (leaving a message on his phone....) I can appreciate his frustration. Burleys whole "establish himself at Rangers line" is a joke, has he not bothered to check out the mans scoring record ? He plays, he scores. Does he hold the ball up well ? No, does he have an amazing workrate ? No, does he score goals ? Oh Yes. And thats something Scotland have lacked for as long as I can remember, so what do we do with him ? Bench him and critiscise every other aspect of his game. Gah.....

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackLodge View Post
                      Gah.....
                      I feel your pain... It's quite silly really, I don't understand why he doesn't get a game.

Comment

For those who are interested, a Scotland Team press conference with George Burley is coming up. You can find live coverage of it here.

Comment

however wrong Burley is not playing him (although Illuwemo is on fire in the championship which is equal to the SPL easily and i would have played him before boyd) boyd has went about this all wrong and should be tried for treason!

Do you think hes going to turn round to walter smith, who doesnt play him every game, and say play me or im no playin...

He should never be given the chance to pull the Scotland jersey on again.

Comment

Ultimately though that would be just as silly as Boyd taking the cream puff in the first place. Someone, I have no idea who, is going to have to 'man up', take it on the chin and make the first move to apologise etc. As a nation we don't have the luxuary of saying no to proven goal scorers.

Comment

Unfortunately I doubt either will back down

I'm a big Boyd fan and would have him on my team sheet every week. What, and how he did it was wrong, he shouldn't have taken the huff and refused to play for his country whilst Burley was still in charge. However, I can to some extent see where he was coming from. He is now behind a 30yr old from Wolves playing in his first international and Steven Fletecher who, although an excellent under 21 internationalist is, imo, not quite ready for leading the Scotland line. Boyd must have thought if the manager doesn't play me now, then when will he?

Boyd is 25yrs old with 150 club goals and 7 goals in 15 appearances for Scotland, which is a record (I think). Why he wasn't thrown on when we were desperate for a goal I'll never know.

Another Burley baffler was why oh why he started with a 4-5-1 formation against Norway at Hampden. With no recognised striker. Unbelievable.

Comment

Could a mod delete this post please?
                                Last edited by Armchair Critic; 14-10-2008, 18:22. Reason: double post

Comment

Working...
                                X