No announcement yet.

Scotland National Team Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I don't think George Burley can't back down. He's the boss, he picks the team and if he capitulates to every player who has a Zsa Zsa Gabor moment then he'd be on a hiding to nothing!

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of the decision Kris Boyd acted like a prize t**t. David Weir obviously isn't an integral part of Burley's plans, but despite not being given the captaincy (why?) he still went about his job as normal. That's how a pro should act.
    Last edited by tom-nook; 13-10-2008, 21:19.

Comment

I thought Burley at the press conference yesterday was a bit worrying......If ever a mna looked about to crack it was him IMO.

Comment

Scotland are average and have a massive rebuilding job ahead of them , to get rid of George Burley would be insane at least he cares about Scotland, something more than past managers or players seem to not - To walk out and leave your national l side is just the lowest of the low in my book , as is to refuse to play for your country , becasue of some lovers tiff with the manager

Comment

LOL now that Burley is manager given his pathetic tenure down here at Saaaaarfhaaampton. The dude is an alky, lucked out at Ipswich but not an international coach. Such a shame as the Jocks looked meaty under Big Eck. Burley, jesus, lol. Fletcher, captain? Iwelumio, or whatever, lol

God help you.

Comment

I like Burley as a manager, he would have been successfull with Derby & Hearts if relationships with the board didnt crumble.

For sure we don't know how much his personality effected the relationships there, but both teams were turned from lamers to contenders in their respective leagues.

Nothing can save scum from being abysmal

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
              Here here (you are talking about Scotland, right? )

Comment

Was at the game tonight. First ever Scotland game I've been to and it was quite an enjoyable experience!

First half was a bit of a write off I think, not much happened for both teams and we were poor to let in the first goal. Tevez was left free to run into the box without anyone tackling him which was really annoying. I was down at that corner shouting my face off to tackel!

Second half was alot better though, felt we actually looked dangerous and for alot of the time, we looked more likely to score than Argentina did which was good. Making some good passing and runs up the wings. Only problem was, we were just too afraid to shoot. Hardly any shots in the game considering how often we were close to goal just wasn't good enough. We're not a good enough team to pass it about so have to shoot when we have the chance.

Argentina left back, number 3 got boo'd the whole way throughout the game the dirty bastard, was so funny. :L

Comment

Poor show so far this evening, World Cup dream is circling round the drain now...

Comment

'Fraid it's all over rossco

Comment

Should be 4-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post

POOR QUOTE...

Originally posted by Red Hogg View Post
                        Here here (you are talking about Scotland, right? )
                        better not be!

Comment

At 10-1, I might have a quick flutter on Wales to go on and win this one 5-0.

3-0 up at half time.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
                            At 10-1, I might have a quick flutter on Wales to go on and win this one 5-0.

3-0 up at half time.

Oh well, it was only a fiver.

Comment

Working...
                            X