No announcement yet.

Football League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Robson's got the boot from Sheffield Utd today.

Comment

Lol Yoraths on the fizzy tonight then!

Comment

We all new Robson was going to be fail 2 tha extreme. They should get jostein flo in with fjortoft assisting.

Comment

I just hope they have to pay him loads of compensation. Then get another **** manager in and sack him. In all fairness though, whats the point of sacking the manager after the transfer window has shut and you have allowed your then manager funds to buy players. I hope they get thrashed and humiliated on national tv in the FA Cup this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
            I just hope they have to pay him loads of compensation. Then get another **** manager in and sack him. In all fairness though, whats the point of sacking the manager after the transfer window has shut and you have allowed your then manager funds to buy players. I hope they get thrashed and humiliated on national tv in the FA Cup this week.
            Dont celebrate yet but I heard a rumour Blackwell was in the running.

Edit: time to celebrate, he's in until the end of the season, also note every club he's managed has gone into admin, couldn't happen a third time could it? lol
            Last edited by davvy76; 14-02-2008, 21:19.

Comment

At least he is better than Nigel Pearson, the very idea that a Wednesday legend like big Nige manages them makes my blood boil. I hope they go for McLaren, he's got to be commanding a pretty big salary.

Comment

They have gone for Blackwell as per previous post. Am glad he has gone there as it means he can't come to Saints. Every club Blackwell goes to ends up in administration, so it will be interesting to watch how this one progresses!

Comment

Top of the league !. Come on !. 1 defeat in 17, and a never say die attitude.

Tonights 2nd half performance has to be the best ive seen so far this season, once we got the 1st goal, you just knew we would win the game.

Ricardo Fuller, what a player, his run to set up the winner, just sensational !. At 500k, he has genuinly been Pulis' best bit of transfer business since hes been here. Gotta be worth at least 5M in todays market at least. Bet Saints fans rue the day he left now. Tony Pulis' reputation for ****e football must be going out of the window surely, three superb victories in the past week, truely building a team to be proud of.

Merson, we wont win a game in the prem you say?. Come watch us next week if you dare :-), judge us when youve seen us play eh fella, not on what the numpty's in the Sky studio tell you....
                  Last edited by shawyboy; 16-02-2008, 01:47.

Comment

Really impressed with Stoke this season, think your boys will get one of the automatic places. Of course the mighty Burnley will be taking 3 points away from the Britannia in the near future

How is Whelan doing? We were linked with him in Jan, and according to what I've read bid ?400k but would not raise it to meet the ?500k asking price. Seems bizarre that ?100k would be such an issue for is considering we had just sold Andy Gray for ?1.5 mil

Oh, and Merson is an absolute tool.

Comment

Whelan is a steal at 500k, he's such a good player. One of those midfielders who you only really notice when he isn't playing. When he is out of the side you realise how much he actually did, winning the ball, making the simple passs and the odd John Sheridan style defence splitting pass. Also, he's a great striker of the ball.

Comment

I always fear a Burnley visit to Stoke, never seem to get a result against them !. Fully expecting us to give you a goal start, then overturn you mind :-).

Whelan looks a tidy player in the few games ive seen him play, always plays the simple pass, works hard for the team. He has been doing the job for 2 men in midfield the last few games, Diao has been shocking. If he's gonna turn out to be as good as you say Yorath, im sure he will be quality. Always got the impression he was a more attack minded player than he seems though, am i wrong in thinking that?

Comment

He does love to get forward. At Wednesday we always used to play a real defensive midfielder alongside him.

Comment

Last nights game was defo a game of two halves. 1st was so shocking, but scunny played some good attacking football. 2nd half stoke came out and ran rings around them. It all changed once we scored the 1t goal and then took diao off, who was having a real bad game. Cresswell came on and was covering every blade of grass to get the ball back.. Something the rest of the should have been helping with. Fuller was again outstanding, but as he and whealan are both on 9 yellows, very soon we will be with out two major players. Think pulis is going to bring in a couple of loan signings for cover.. Luke moore is one of the main favorites.. or even nudgent.. Charlton helped us a lot today getting a nice draw to hold off watford going top..

Comment

Diao should never have played, he'd been out for 9 months and then to play 3 games in 6 or 7 days is crazy, he should of been rested.

Still top of the league on goal difference

Comment

Still top !

She stood there laughing (At you Mr Merson), ha ha ha ha !.

Set the gauntlet Friday, and the best possible results we could hope for have gone our way. Anyones league though this season, really suprised no one has pulled clear.
                                Last edited by shawyboy; 19-02-2008, 01:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X