No announcement yet.

Football League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 3 points today and I'm really starting to believe we might, just might, make the play-offs.

What Roeder has achieved in under 4 months is amazing - from bottom of the league and 6 points from safety to 4 points off the top six.

Comment

He has a done a great job hasn't he. I wish we could have a run like yours and I wouldn't put it past you to be there or there abouts come May. Look at what Sunderland achieved last year and even the Wednesday made a later surge and only missed the play-off by a couple of points.
      I can't see us getting owt today though, we have forwards, and Jermaine Johnson is on compassionate leave as he dad died in the week.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
        Yeah, from what I've read it sounded like a cracking match. I'm happy with the result too thanks to most other results going our way. If we can win our game in hand over Doncaster we are 2nd on points.

21,000+ for a week day League One game is a great turn out. That's where the money is coming in maybe, plus we're getting a million pounds for the Marlon King transfer in some deal from when we had him.
        Enjoy your 3 points on Tuesday because we are absolute cack just lately!

Comment

Originally posted by davvy76 View Post
          Enjoy your 3 points on Tuesday because we are absolute cack just lately!
          We're very bad away though, after your recent results too it's got a draw written all over it.

Comment

Dowie has got the boot from Coventry this morning.

Comment

Poor bastard, another club with no money gives the manager the boot. It wouldn't surprise me if our joke of a board tried to give Laws the boot if things don't improve shaprish.

Comment

I bet he ends up managing Saints.

I see we have now been linked with Pulis - but he has said he won't move until he knows whether Stoke will be promoted this season. Great - we will only get him if he has failed to get another side promoted - lol

I see Coventry have gone with an Aussie rugby league coach and a former Oldham striker as caretakers. That is almost as bad as when we had Simon Clifford and Sir Clive up in this bitch!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                  I bet he ends up managing Saints.

I see we have now been linked with Pulis - but he has said he won't move until he knows whether Stoke will be promoted this season. Great - we will only get him if he has failed to get another side promoted - lol
                  that's newspaper talk mate, he's said he won't leave.

Not long ago i'd of said have him, but were playing nicer football now and have made some cracking signings. Plus the team spirit he's managed to acheive is phenomenal!

Comment

I couldnt make the Saints game on Saturday against QPR unfortunetly but I did manage to catch the highlights on the telly yesterday.

Wow,

How did Stern John miss from there?
                    Bradley Wright Phillips still sucks.
                    Why haven't we got a proper manager in yet?
                    It's disgusting how such a well run family club for so many years has got into so much debt. I hate you Lowe.
                    Jesus, if that game against Rangers didnt prove how ****E Jermaine Wright is then I don't know what else will.
                    Someone please save us from more relegation hell.

Comment

Can't believe you haven't mentioned Jason Mule. He has been the worst signing, for me, in the entire time I have been a Saints fan. And I have seen some bad signings (Stuart Ripley, Ali Dia, Marcelo Sarmiento, Trond Soldvedt).

Utter wank.

Comment

Leeds vs Forest tonight!

Obviously Forest are the bigger team than Leeds seen as we've won the European Cup twice.

U REEEEDS!

Comment

Love to see Leedscum get beat. It's only the plight of Leedscum and Pigs that keeps me going these days.
                          Come on Wednesday, we owe Charlton.

Comment

At the game now 3-0 half time! I must be dreamin! Seany, that defence jesus christ its bad mate! Shame its midweek only bout 50-100 away fans

Comment

Ours is worse!!!!!

Comment

Leeds 0-1 Forest

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess!!!!

Don't mess this up now!

Comment

Working...
                                X