No announcement yet.

Football League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barry Fry as good as said they were off. Well, he said that they had an arrangement with them before the season, "stay one more year and get us back up, and then we'll let you go."

So they might stay, but I think the draw of the Premiership will be too much for MacKail-Smith, definitely. Haven't heard about any interest in the other two, but there must be tons of people looking at Boyd. Lewis let in 874 goals this year, so who knows what interest there'll be there.

Comment

1-0 to Swansea! I wouldn't mind either team coming up but I'd prefer Swansea as Reading have been in the top flight more recently. 2-0 now, as I type! It was all Reading before this too.

Comment

Looks like Swansea will be going up unless there's huge drama in the second half.

Nice to get some 'new' blood in the league

Comment

Maybe we'll have that drama, quick fire goal for Reading and they're on top at the moment. Good match this.

Edit: 3-2!

Edit edit: Reading hit the post, it's a siege at the mo.
          Last edited by EJG1980; 30-05-2011, 15:23.

Comment

Exciting game but whichever of these two come up they going straight back down with 20pts

Comment

That's what they said about Blackpool

Comment

Swansea need to see this out....purely because Reading don't serve us beer when we go the Madejski

Comment

Another penalty for Swansea...

Goal!

Well done Swansea, looking forward to seeing them in the top flight next season
                  Last edited by EJG1980; 30-05-2011, 16:00.

Comment

Best 3 teams promoted.
                    Well done Swansea!

Comment

Bah

Stats show we had more of the game but unfortunately gifted Swansea 4 goals and you don't come back from that. Good luck to them in the Prem, now a summer of trying to hold on to our best players awaits again

Comment

Bit of a clear out brewing at Forest by the sounds of it. Earnshaw is probably moving on, he's pretty mercenary so not totally unexpected (wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Swansea actually...). Tyson has also apparently turned down a contract offer and is thinking of moving to... Derby. Oh dear, that's never a sensible thing to do.

Comment

I heard that Wednesday were after Tyson, but I would be surprised if he dropped down a division to join us.

Comment

Oh God. Oh dear God no...

Nottingham Forest have sacked Billy Davies as manager, and are now in talks with Steve McClaren.

This is what I get for all that mocking of other teams hiring dodgy managers isn't it?

Noooooo. DO not WANT.

Comment

He might do ok, y'know. McClaren was ruined in British eyes after being given the national job too soon and looking useless. Likewise, he was useless at another big appointment, Wolfsburg.

But in club management he's mostly done ok - getting the Smoggies to a European final, winning the League cup, and winning the Dutch league with Twente.

His accomplishments with Boro in particular are very impressive. They're the only NE team to win a major competition since 1973. It's depressing.

Comment

Maybe he'll buy some defenders at least...

Comment

Working...
                                X