No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see Cech back in form at least. Before his accident he was arguably the best keeper in the world but since then he's been prone to the occasional bit of bad judgement.

Comment

Up against Jose tonight. Expecting it to be a fairly tight game, most attacking done on the counter. Will need Drogba to be in top form.

If Ashley Cole is in the crowds no doubt we can expect the camera to focus on him every 5 minutes along with some snide comments from the commentators. More tabloid crap infesting sports.

Comment

ffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.....

What the hell is it with us and refs in this competition. How could you not give that penalty? It's happening again.

Still, we've been the better side even if we haven't been convincing. I believe we can at least get an equaliser but 1-0 isn't a horrible result.

Comment

He fell so wildly I can see why it wasn't given. There was contact but it was a dive at the same time.

Comment

Sorry, a ref that doesn't give that is incompetent. You cannot get more blatant than that, he clearly took out the player without getting anywhere near the ball, whether his arms flailed as a result of theatrics or a natural reaction is moot.

Comment

No it isn't. He literally jumped after the contact. The only problem is the fact that if it wasn't a pen it should have been a yellow.

Comment

If Chelsea didn't have bad luck they'd have no luck at all...

Cech is probably going to be out for a long time now.

2-1 away isn't an awful result but with all those chances we had it's frustrating to lose.

Comment

Think Chelsea were rather unlucky tonight Smurfy,from the game i was watching it realy did look like there was only one team trying to win a football match and that was the team in white who pretty much dominated the game but just couldnt find a finish to the many chances you created.

More of that at the bridge and its a definate winable game for your lot.
                  Last edited by glazza; 24-02-2010, 21:35.

Comment

I dont really think the penalty was that obvious really, there was certainly contact but Kalou made a massive amount of it. I'm not sure he would have gone down had he not jumped.

Either way a 1 goal difference will be easily turned around at Stamford Bridge I think. Getting that away goal is definitely a big boost.

Comment

I think the ref bottled it really. If he thought it was a dive, he would've given out a yellow card (especially given the earlier one, he'd want to appear consistent). Anyhow, Chelsea don't get penalties in the Champions League. It's something we have to live with.

2-1 isn't a bad result and I shouldn't get too down about it. We did get a bonus in the fact that we'll be playing Stoke in the FA Cup. We must be favourites by miles now. Only worry is the prospect of Hilario dealing with those throw ins. You'd trust Cech everyday to be strong and catch them.

Got to look towards Saturday now. A Chelsea win would mean in my view that the title is our's to lose. We need that 4 point advantage going into the Man U game. Will be interesting to see how much stick Wayne Bridge gets if he's playing

Comment

Was a good match last night I thought. Chelsea in the first half reminded me a little of AC Milan against United last week in that they didn't really make the most of their domination of the game and could have been out of sight but really let Inter back into it second half.

The current scoreline going back to Stamford Bridge doesn't rule Chelsea out of it and I would say I'd imagine them to win it over two legs, but if there's any manager who knows how to set a team up not to lose, it's Mourinho. Going to be a very interesting second leg.

It's a cliche, but the next goal in this tie is going to ber very important.

Comment

Wayne Bridge has withdrew himself from the England squad.

Wrong action that makes him seem a bit immature to be honest. Play the friendly, get through one awkward game and put this whole farce behind you. Once you broke up with her, you lost all right to say who she could and couldn't see, get over it.

But meh, my only interest in England now is how it affects Chelsea

Comment

Terry should never have played for England anyway after being caught on camera pelting a door man with bottles. A vile thug and an over rated defender.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                              Wayne Bridge has withdrew himself from the England squad.

Wrong action that makes him seem a bit immature to be honest. Play the friendly, get through one awkward game and put this whole farce behind you. Once you broke up with her, you lost all right to say who she could and couldn't see, get over it.
                              Totally agree Smurf.

Shows that he doesn't really care about wearing the shirt anyway, so I say if he withdraws himself, he doesn't get picked again. Ever.

Comment

The door man was being abusive and threw the first punch.

What about Gerrard? caught on camera hitting a non-violent barman, everyone but him being found guilty.

Rooney? Cheated on his (now) wife with a prostitute.

Comment

Working...
                                X