No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do think that there was a good portion of people in the FA who didn't actually want Terry as England captain anyway who have used this as the noose to hang him with (let's be honest Terry's past is not without its indiscretions going back a fair bit).

There's also the rumour that Capello wasn't actually going to pick him to be captain when he got the job (Rio was widely touted to be his choice) with allegedly a few telephone conversations from Scolari was what persuaded Capello to go with Terry.

I don't honestly think the Captain makes all that difference anyway (certainly not as much as other sports such as Cricket). Man Utd haven't really had a "proper" captain as such over the last 3 years and haven't done too badly for themselves.

Comment

Rio shouldn't be captain because he's not currently good enough to play for England.

I'd give it to Rooney, there's nobody else playing for England that I can think of that would probably do it if there was no money involved.

Comment

The captains role doesn't really matter but the press love it as an excuse to pillory our players.

Not that they need much excuse. No other country would do this to the national team representing their national sport.

Comment

The fact is, the England squad is probably the highest concentration of arseholes (morally) that you can find that are good at their jobs.
          Almost all of them have been involved in dodgy stuff that is morally dubious so you have to stick with it. What is happening to JT is
          a) ridiculous
          b) his fault for taking out the injunction - this is media payback.
          Who next?
          Rooney, who has a history of stamping, disrespect to refs (regular swearing) and has visited prostitutes.
          Gerrard, escaped on a technicality violent conduct charges *after winning*.
          Rio, currently banned for violence, banned for drugs testing miss, drink driver.

I'm sure Lampard has done some nasty **** too, not off the top of my head.

They are our regulars.

Comment

So...Kevin Davies for captain then?

Comment

Who says quality jounalism is dead??

1. The Sun have lined up another EIGHT women whove slept with him in the last 18 months or so. Enough for a couple of weeks of front pages. Including FHMs own HSH, Tanya Robinson

2. The front page today that Bridges ex, Vanessa, has slept with five members of the Chelsea squad is only the beginning. Two other Chelsea players - Gudjonsen and Drogba - were also sleeping with Bridge's girlfriend at the same time as Terry.

3. The Sun is also paying Vanessa 250k to dish everything including the fact that the mystery fifth Chelsea player is, depressingly predictably, Ashley Cole. Which should give Cheryl the excuse she needs to finally dump him (now shes no longer Racist Toilet Cleaner Puncher, but the new Nations Sweetheart)

4. JT has also been sleeping with current team mate Hilario's wife (who also has kids).

5. Away from the bedroom, JT also owes Wembley a substantial amount of money for a box he owns and hasn't paid for, even after he had mates in there racking up a 20k bill at the FA Cup final.
              No wonder players from around the world are falling over themselves to sign for Chelsea, its like a proper swingers group with classier women

BTW shamelessy nicked from elsewhere, so take all of the above with a massive pinch of salt. Best get that in before smurfy does his nut!

Comment

I think lampard has a relatively clean record although he was involved in a bitter divorce. Doesn't matter though, the notw would still hound him and everyone he knows until they find dirt

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
                  All sorts of awesome
                  Damnit !! I should have been a Chelsea player........

/And not an IT tech that can barely kick a ball......

Comment

I've been trying to work this all out and all I can figure out is that Terry + Lampard = nob'eds

I just saw a moody News of the World ad on the TV about the big Sunday Terry reveal of pics and stuff. It is shameful. Who buys the NOTW? nob'eds I reckon.

Losing Captainsy won't be no big deal, no. Terry will still do his thang using his gob to talk to the backline and his head to nut the ball. Ferdinand on the other hand wears skirts.

Comment

As an aside, if Emile Heskey is in the England squad then Kevin Davies definitely deserves to be there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                        As an aside, if Emile Heskey is in the England squad then Kevin Davies definitely deserves to be there too.
                        He didn't get a game when he was the top scoring Englishman last season (for a while) so he won't get one either.

Aside from Gerrard and Lampard, Matty Taylor was the highest scoring English midfielder as well last season.

We're ****, don't get me wrong, but I don't like the way you only get picked if you play for certain clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                          I just saw a moody News of the World ad on the TV about the big Sunday Terry reveal of pics and stuff. It is shameful. Who buys the NOTW? nob'eds I reckon.
                          Euch I saw that News of the World ad. I really find it difficult to put into words how disgusted that made me. Not the subject matter but the sleazy, voyeuristic nature of the ad itself. It's actively depressing that there are going to be people going out and buying the paper because of that ad.

Comment

I'd be rather surprised if anyone of my generation reads any tabloid like that.

Comment

My wife buys the NOTW

Comment

Biggest game of the season so far for us. HAVE to get a win for three reasons:

1. All this Terry bull**** (wouldn't surprise me if he isn't playing but it's important to show the rest of the team isn't affected)
                                2: got to stay in front.
                                3: if Man U finish the week on top, the pundits will go crazy with their praise of Man U and it'll be unbareable.

Comment

Working...
                                X