Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're gonna stuff ya on Sunday!!

Comment

well we didn't win it but we stopped man U from having a clear victory, not bad considering we were pretty much ignored until Arsenal were out of the picture.

Here's to champions league and the transfer season to get a goal scorer

*edit*

or not, final minute goal. Bleh everyone had given up
      Last edited by abigsmurf; 11-05-2008, 15:53.

Comment

Unlucky, credit to taking us all the way though.

Comment

Matty Matty Taylor!!!!!!!!

Comment

I know I get the mick taken out of me for claiming bias against chelsea but come on! Chelsea buy a portuguese international in a position where we could do with a bit of improvement and we get blasted for it.

(yes I know they don't create the 606 posts but they do choose the ones to quote)

Comment

Is a bit much for a right back when youve got a few decent ones already. Is he honestly any better?

Comment

Belletti is rubbish and Ferreira can be a liability sometimes (and we need cover anyway)

Comment

The thing is Smurf, it's not a position you really need an extra player, and once again you've paid too much money for him. Maybe he'll turn out great, but a great number of players at Chelsea at nothing more than benchwarmers, if they're lucky to even get that far.

What you need is an additional striker. Every other position, you've a good squad.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                    Belletti is rubbish and Ferreira can be a liability sometimes (and we need cover anyway)
                    Er, 2 players in one position is considered "cover". So now squads need 3 players for every single position? That's madness!

Comment

Belletti is rubbish and probably being sold off though.

Also , two players is never enough for chelsea. I don't think any other team has given so many games to their third choice keeper.

Comment

keepers are a different proposition. Definitely need 3 keepers in a squad. But right back and similar positions? 2 is right, and if you have depth in the squad you'll have a defensive midfielder or center back who can fill in if needed.

However, as you say, 2 players is never enough for Chelsea. They treat world class players like Pokemon

Will be interesting to see who leaves Chelsea this transfer period. J. Cole maybe, SWP? There's a wealth of talent who are bit-part players.

Comment

If cole goes it'll be a big shock. He's not really a bit part player, its just he took a long time to get back on form after an injury.

SWP is probably out, Drogba is always rumoured to be leaving, Svechenko could be going too given his lack of games this season.

Comment

Svechenko you'd have thought would go. Drogba? Really? He's your best player for me. Hope he goes to ManU

Comment

Drogba could well be off. i doubt Joseph will leave - he seems to like the place (not sure that can be said of all the players) and will suit any system they wanna play.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                                http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/7395831.stm

I know I get the mick taken out of me for claiming bias against chelsea but come on! Chelsea buy a portuguese international in a position where we could do with a bit of improvement and we get blasted for it.

(yes I know they don't create the 606 posts but they do choose the ones to quote)
                                Chelsea always get stick - that's the way it's been since became a top3 club. People like to kiss Ferguson's arse - forgetting that he wasn't always as mellow as he comes across now.

Wenger is quietly aggressive and has strong opinions - only people act like he's a saint.

ManUtd have some of the best players in the world - people act like Ferguson has performed miracles with his squad - when they are mostly highly talented players - who cost a lot of money, and should be succesful.

The same with Arsenal. They have bought some top quality players over the past few years - but no one moans about them spending cash.

Chelsea get a raw deal - simply because the top clubs have been spoilt with success, to the point where they resent anyone else having a slice of the cake.

Oh well, I hope we get stronger, and start destroying other teams, like we did a few years back. I think we are only 70% the team we should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X