No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only problem I can see for Man Utd is fixture congestion. I think over the next few weeks we have a match every 3/4 days on average which will be very demanding on the squad.

Comment

incredibly poor game, that was the kinda thing I'd have expected under Scolari.

Comment

Angry Frank Lampard calls radio DJ

Comment

I do enjoy it when DJ's and pundits get completely torn apart. It was out of order attacking him like that and to hide behind the "well I'm only repeating the papers..." was cowardly. There's a rumour going around that Lampard is incredibly intelligent, setting a record IQ tested for footballers, the way he shot down that DJ in a way that was impossible to counter does add weight to that.

I find it weird that Lampard gets so many attacks against him. He works his socks off both for Chelsea and England. He's had to deal with playing second fiddle to Gerrard under Mclaren who put in consistantly bad performances yet Lampard took the blame (when Gerrard's "I'm playing everywhere" style took him out of the game) for bad England showings. He still gets booed in England games. This season will be the fifth season in a row he's scored more than 20 goals yet he gets snubbed at the players choice awards. I just find it bizarre.

Comment

Full credit to Lampard. Personal life is PERSONAL. The media should leave people the **** alone. Report the football, leave the personal life out of it because it's no one elses ****ing business.

Comment

Yeah definitely, one of the few occasions where I actually have a little more respect for him. He actually went about it in the right way too, no swearing or anything. He just made the DJ feel (and look) like a right twat.

Comment

Yeah, was a well constructed response. Respect

Comment

Lampard is, on the pitch, quite an unlikeable guy but he has been ridiculously overlooked for a while in the UK. He was poor McClaren for England - no doubt, but he was hardly the only one. I think every single player has been booed for England haven't they?
                  His play does not translate that well for the telly I feel - that is the problem. He is really efficient and does a lot of simple things very well and makes some difficult decisions look easy, the way he directed Chelsea under Mourinho was immense imho. Still a cock though! Again, which premier footballers aren't? Errr, Peter Crouch and that's it!

Comment

Haven't a clue what to expect tonight.

We've got the motivation under Hiddink but we've a weakened squad and don't have the options we need to change things if events don't go our way. It's probably why we're alternating between stunning displays and tough 1-0/0-0s. We do need to buy at least a couple of big names in the summer.

Been listening to a few pundits and I got the underlying message that they want us to lose. They're hiding behind "I want quality european football to shine" type statements but there's no way they'd say this kind of thing if it was Man U and Liverpool playing Barcelona.

Comment

Ive watched barca the last four of five games in the nou camp on telly that is, and they have simply blown teams away in the first half hour, if Chelsea can survive that i think they have a great chance, but bayern and seville were both 3-0 after the first half hour so that has to be the key.

Comment

They'll either thrash you tonight or you'll sneak a 1-0 win in my opinion...

Originally posted by saif View Post
                        Still a cock though! Again, which premier footballers aren't? Errr, Peter Crouch and that's it!
                        Quite a few if you look outside of the top 6 and England internationals actually.

Comment

Sorry but I can't see beyond Barcelona taking this easily tonight.

Comment

Messi and his dazzling runs, Eto'o's goalscoring ability, the pace of Henry and Xavi and Iniesta pulling the strings in midfield - watch out for all that

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                              Been listening to a few pundits and I got the underlying message that they want us to lose. They're hiding behind "I want quality european football to shine" type statements but there's no way they'd say this kind of thing if it was Man U and Liverpool playing Barcelona.

Comment

The shots statistic there was misleading. Barcelona didn't really give us anything to worry about first half. It's probably intentional what we're doing but I'm not a fan of the way we're playing. Aiming more to ensure that Barcelona don't catch us off guard than keeping possession. Would like to see us trying to keep the ball more in the second half

Comment

Working...
                                X