No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the first leg Barca should have had a pen when Terry pulled down Henry and Ballack should have received a second yellow. Then there's the ludicrous sending off of Abidal in the second leg; Barca fans have as much right to complain about the refereeing as Chelsea fans do. Conspiracy theorists take note.

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
      ive lost count of the times over the years when chelski have got late goals, lucky reffing , and dives , the list goes on
      so justice was done for it to happen to them for once,
      Little bit rich coming from a Man Utd fan isn't it?.
      I seem to remember that French tosser scoring against QPR in the 97th min , and its not like it was the 1st that that Man Utd have scored in time added on , Old Sir Alex even had a stopwatch back inthe day .
      And what about old Roy chasing the Ref all the way around the pitch , or Shrek going off on one , any time the Ref gives a decision against him both while in Man Utd tops

Don't take the piss out of Chelsea fans , because Man Utd are by no means better

Comment

What does Fergie's stopwatch have to do with the amount of stoppage time being added on?! Unless it is linked to the referee and tells him how much time to add on, something which I'm sure most opposition fans actually believe. Gotta love those conspiracy theories

In no way will any real United fan condone what Keano and co did to the referee after he awarded a penalty against us all those seasons ago, it was just pure aggression and bullying. As for Rooney (or Shrek as you call him), yes at times he mouths off to the refs but you will never see him do what Ballack did or behave like a complete thug like Drogba did.

If you look over the Man Utd thread (or some of the other football threads on the forum) certain individuals have been well known to single out United players such as Rooney and Ronaldo. Even if they talk to the ref someone will come out and say "that is an utter disgrace, where is the respect?!" After a bad challenge, even if they didn't mean it, you will see comments like "what a little ****!". If you give it out, learn to take it back. Simple as.

No-one is taking the piss out of anyone, I think you have got it wrong there. yesteryeargames was joking around I'm sure, sure late goals can be seen as luck but they also show that a team doesn't give up til the final whistle has gone. Yeah so what he said wasn't really rich at all, it was just tit for tat.
        Last edited by ezee ryder; 07-05-2009, 16:01.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
          What does Fergie's stopwatch have to do with the amount of stoppage time being added on?! Unless it is linked to the referee and tells him how much time to add on, something which I'm sure most opposition fans actually believe. Gotta love those conspiracy theories
          Fergie's stopwatch had plenty to do with stoppage time being added on a couple of seasons ago when Man Utd were losing to Blackburn. There was enough video evidence to prove it was something more than just conspiracy.

Comment

So you're saying somehow him keeping a stopwatch and just giving the referee (or 4th official) a look or something resulted in extra stoppage time being added?! Oh dear, they should ban him from the touchline. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

In that case I'm pretty sure other managers also keep stopwatches, I will be keeping an eye out next time to see if they give the ref (or 4th official) the sneaky eye or whatever. Conspiracies all over the place!

Next thing we will hear is that league is fixed in United's favour every season, the FA is run by a United fan, the PM is a United fan and the Queen is a United fan too and they are all in on the fixing of the Premiership. The only reason they haven't won the league every season is so that the whole plan is made to look a bit more realistic. Oh and they are only able to afford the top players because they sell drugs on the side and are involved in heavy weapons manufacturing. You heard it hear folks, Premiership football is a farce.
            Last edited by ezee ryder; 07-05-2009, 16:12.

Comment

Makes me laugh. Yes Keano was out of order - and rules were brought in to counter that. That was also what, 5 years back now? Move on. Rooney can get heated, but he doesn't act anything like the little children from last night.

By all accounts, Chelsea were unlucky. But as has been pointed out, last week you got lucky. Swings and roundabouts. Regardless of what happened in the GAME, there's no excuse for acting like spoilt little brats who didn't get what they want. Which is exactly what happened last night.

If they were in the team I supported, I'd be embarrassed.

Comment

So you're saying somehow him keeping a stopwatch and just giving the referee (or 4th official) a look or something resulted in extra stoppage time being added?! Oh dear, they should ban him from the touchline. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
                You don't remember the game? It was when Blackburn, 1-0 up, suffered a crazy sending off with 20 mins to go in the game. In the closing minutes, the fourth official was about to hold up the display for three minutes of added time - you could clearly see the dot-matrix '3' on the back of the board from the TV coverage. Cue Fergie having a quick word with the official and suddenly three minutes becomes four even though there were no injuries or delays in the second half. Come the 94th minute, Saha uses his hands to pass the ball to Smith, basketball style, who strokes home the equaliser.

Conspiracy theory my arse, everyone who watched the game saw what happened.
                Last edited by samanosuke; 07-05-2009, 16:24.

Comment

Yeah man, I agree. Clearly the league is fixed and Sir Alex is actually running it.

Comment

Yeah man, I agree. Clearly the league is fixed and Sir Alex is actually running it.
                    I'm not saying that. My point is that Fergie has affected how much time has been added on in the past. It's not just conspiracy.

You asked what Fergie's watch has to do with added time and I answered. If you don't like the answer that's not my fault.
                    Last edited by samanosuke; 07-05-2009, 16:23.

Comment

So when was this game then?! There was a 1-1 draw last season at Ewood Park but Saha and Smith weren't at United then. Tevez got a late equaliser in that game, not sure if it was in stoppage time though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
                        Makes me laugh. Yes Keano was out of order - and rules were brought in to counter that. That was also what, 5 years back now? Move on. Rooney can get heated, but he doesn't act anything like the little children from last night.

By all accounts, Chelsea were unlucky. But as has been pointed out, last week you got lucky. Swings and roundabouts. Regardless of what happened in the GAME, there's no excuse for acting like spoilt little brats who didn't get what they want. Which is exactly what happened last night.

If they were in the team I supported, I'd be embarrassed.
                        Oh and what, old Shrek doesn't react ? , or Man Utd still don't chase Ref's across the pitch , Old Shrek would have reacted no differently to Ballack, and Old Golden Balls like to dives and moan at Ref's just as much as Drogba , Scholes is hardly a angel too . So best if Man Utd fans don't t try and score points against Chelsea fans , because your players have been the worst of the lot for years

What does Fergie's stopwatch have to do with the amount of stoppage time being added on
                        Oh please, while I like you , and your views , you know why he had that pathetic Stopwatch spell, and that's to put pressure on the Ref's . Why does Sir Alex even need a Stopwatch on the field of play , its got sweet FA to do with him , how much time is added on

Comment

So when was this game then?! There was a 1-1 draw last season at Ewood Park but Saha and Smith weren't at United then. Tevez got a late equaliser in that game, not sure if it was in stoppage time though.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                            Oh and what, old Shrek doesn't react ? , or Man Utd still don't chase Ref's across the pitch , Old Shrek would have reacted no differently to Ballack, and Old Golden Balls like to dives and moan at Ref's just as much as Drogba , Scholes is hardly a angel too . So best if Man Utd fans don't t try and score points against Chelsea fans , because your players have been the worst of the lot for years

Oh please, while I like you , and your views , you know why he had that pathetic Stopwatch spell, and that's to put pressure on the Ref's . Why does Sir Alex even need a Stopwatch on the field of play , its got sweet FA to do with him , how much time is added on
                            Firstly, please point out an incident after that much publicised one where United players have clearly hounded the referee in an aggressive manner. I would like to see or hear of such an incident.

As for Rooney reacting like Ballack, I don't think he would've done what he did. Rooney has controlled his temper somewhat since that sending off against Villareal and he has been better for it. His overall game is still aggressive (within the rules of the game) but he has calmed down alot apart from that.

I agree, Ronaldo does go down a bit too easily sometimes and likes a moan at the ref but he doesn't do it in a overly aggressive manner like we saw last night. As for Scholes, well we all know tackling is not his strong point and he has been punished for it when has made a bad tackle. He hasn't run around like a crazy maniac complaining about it though, he accepted it and moved on.

Scoring points against Chelsea fans?! We aren't trying to score points, it is just us giving back as good as we get. Like I mentioned before we get it in our threads when one of our players does something even remotely wrong. Incidents are blown out of all proportion with comments like "little ****e" or "disgraceful, disgusting", well this is us responding and rightly so.

Lastly, I wasn't aware that a manager isn't allowed to wear a stopwatch during a match. If so then there are many other managers who should be condemned for their use of it. If referee's are intimidated by Fergie wearing one then they should get stronger referee's as that is just a poor excuse. People make it seem like we only win certain matches due to Fergie "intimidating" referee's which is just ridiculous. They probably overlook the fact that during some of those matches we probably didn't get a few decisions go our way but yeah that is ok cos it is Man Utd. I guess it is nice to be back being the hated club in England, means we are doing the business back on the pitch!

Ah that game, yeah Blackburn were unlucky in that game but they got no more that what they deserved. I remember we dominated the game and if not for Friedel it would have been a comfortable victory. If Blackburn (or anyone else for that matter) felt that Fergie influenced the referee so he gave four minutes stoppage time instead of three then I'm sure they would have complained about it to the proper authorities with the hard evidence, nothing came of it so I guess they didn't have a case.

Also I remember that season we had a few decisions go against us too over the season yet I bet those weren't highlighted by anyone eh?! Dubious decisions even out over the course of the season, some you get and some you don't. That is football at the end of the day.
                            Last edited by ezee ryder; 07-05-2009, 16:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              I seem to remember that French tosser scoring against QPR in the 97th min
                              What's his nationality/ethnicity got to do with it? Spouting nonsense is one thing, but let's not veer into the realms of borderline racism on here eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Mutants View Post
                                What's his nationality/ethnicity got to do with it? Spouting nonsense is one thing, but let's not veer into the realms of borderline racism on here eh?
                                ...at which point I'd like to point out that we shouldn't use the umbrella of racism for other prejudices such as nationalism, sexism or just plain stereotyping.

Comment

Working...
                                X