No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my impression of Smurfy when he waltzes into the Liverpool thread waving his cigar like a poor man's Groucho Marx. "Oh waddya think of them scores, mister? Oh my, parked a bus. We got on the bus, sat down and had a laugh. Those boys be a scoring three out there. Honk honk!".

Unlucky

Comment

meh, 2 goals from set pieces. Was probably doomed the second Cech got a red. He's been a whole lot more sloppy in recent months.

Always frustrating listening to games not going our way on Soccer Saturday as the Man U and Liverpool games are inevitably being watched by supporters and they're always so happy when Chelsea are losing.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
        they're always so happy when Chelsea are losing.
        Can't help it. The Chelsea fans I know needed to be knocked down a peg or two. Just glad Wigan chipped in for a change and did it.

I'm sure yers will bounce back. Don't give up hope, mate.

Comment

I have to say i feel Cech has be a bit of a liability for a while. He looks so shaky all the time. Such a shame.

Comment

It's annoying, he still pulls off brilliant saves on a regular basis but his judgment isn't what it was.

Although not his fault most the time, we keep letting lower sides score the first goal. It puts them into defensive mode and it means we have to shove more people up front meaning they can counter attack easily.

Looks like we'll be trotting out Hilario again, just in time for the liverpool game. Looks like we're in for another batch of bad luck. The goal against us in injury time to ensure "UNITED ARE TOP" headlines through goal difference was just that extra kick in the balls.

Oh well, if any defence can neutralise Gerrard and Torres it's ours and we're not exactly inexperienced playing against Liverpool.

Comment

The goal against us in injury time to ensure "UNITED ARE TOP" headlines through goal difference was just that extra kick in the balls.
              We'd have been top anyway as we had more Goals For.

Comment

I think the Chelsea players had been in the pub before the match ... Seriously... it was a sad spectacle to see a team so apathetic and totally lacking focus.

Oh well, let's just hope it's a minor blip.

Comment

It's all too easy to get a mental image of the (long) mid season blip we had last year where the players got completely demotivated and unorganised.

*crosses fingers this isn't a repeat*

Comment

If Cech isn't quite the same keeper anymore then it's hardly surprising when you consider the life threatening head injury he had. I mean come on, it would take someone truly amazing not to come out of that a changed man.

Comment

Yeah, it's understandable but it's still frustrating. Pre-injury, I would have said he was the best keeper in the world.

Think Hunt's going to be a hate figure at Chelsea for the rest of his career.

Comment

Looked comfy going it at half time. They're not really a threat at the moment but at 1-0 you're never really safe.

Comment

Manager didn't look impressed at the final whistle did he? I think he expected more than a ground out 1-0.

Comment

Second half wasn't great, we were too laid back and let them come into the game. They still didn't really look like scoring but at 1-0 you're only a fluke shot or a set piece away from an equaliser.

Fairly dull game overall

Comment

Second half wasn't great, we were too laid back and let them come into the game. They still didn't really look like scoring but at 1-0 you're only a fluke shot or a set piece away from an equaliser.

Fairly dull game overall
                              Sounds bad. I think we`re still recovering from the loss at Wigan

Comment

Think a lot of fans are holding their breath. We don't want a return to the form that we saw under Scolari.

Still, hopefully the prospect of beating Liverpool will be plenty of motivation to get their arses in gear.

Comment

Working...
                                X