Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
    Loved the way Drogba wriggled whilst on his back like he was suffering with serious head trauma lol. The guy is a bell.
    I'd imagine what happened to him actually kinda hurt mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
      I'd imagine what happened to him actually kinda hurt mate.
      Yeah, but did you see the wriggling? I saw someone do that when an alien was bursting out of their chest. Drogba adds scoops of theatricals, I'm sure. He is the boy who cried wolf now, so no sympathy for the big horse.

Comment

It's just football mate, a guy got full whack from a boot in the chest. Don't care who he is, it would have hurt. He reacted in whatever way he reacted, so what?

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
          It's just football mate, a guy got full whack from a boot in the chest. Don't care who he is, it would have hurt. He reacted in whatever way he reacted, so what?
          He's a drama queen and clearly someone you want to neck on with

Comment

It's incredibly unpleasent getting a hit in the chest like that (can actually cause heart attacks). Still, makes you wonder what was more painful, that or Terry getting a whack to the balls.

Comment

It's no use, no one is entertaining my Drogba bashing.

When I saw the replay I thought that that Evans boy should have got a yellow for the flying kick. Was harsh that it went to Dog'ead.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                It's incredibly unpleasent getting a hit in the chest like that (can actually cause heart attacks). Still, makes you wonder what was more painful, that or Terry getting a whack to the balls.
                Lol never thought about which would be more painful. Drogba must have been hurt but yes he does over react sometimes.

Comment

. Free kick was dodgy but the goal deserved to stand.
                  No way in hell was drogba not offside. He was active going for the ball in tha passage of play. Clearly offside.

Comment

He didn't alter the course of the ball and probably would made little difference to the outcome if he hadn't been there. If there's a doubt on if he's really interfering or not, you favour the attacking side.

I'm fairly sure there was an incident almost identical to this last season involving Ronaldo that didn't get half the attention this is.

Comment

Yeah im sure there was but for me the rule is a joke anyway. He was clearly interfering with play as he was active in his attempt to get the ball. That is offside in the rule book.
                      I am not a Man U fan BTW but I thought it was a disappointing way to win a game I was really enjoying.

Comment

Wasn't it Brian Clough who said

If a player is not interfering with play then he shouldn't be on the pitch
                        For what it's worth I think it would have been harsh to disallow the goal (speaking as a United fan) but can understand why some people may think it shouldn't be.

He didn't alter the course of the ball and probably would made little difference to the outcome if he hadn't been there.
                        Does that matter? In the (Carling Cup I think) match with Leeds vs Liverpool a few weeks back, didn't Leeds have a goal disallowed because technically the last player who touched the ball was offside despite the fact it was going in anyway?

Comment

Perhaps if Drogba was not there Van Der Sar wouldn'7 have had to anticipate a touch and go for the cross. Due to Drogbas interferance he was rooted to the spot. The rule needs sorting as nobody can get it right.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            Perhaps if Drogba was not there Van Der Sar wouldn'7 have had to anticipate a touch and go for the cross. Due to Drogbas interferance he was rooted to the spot. The rule needs sorting as nobody can get it right.
                            Spot on.

Comment

An amusing thing for people in the media that said Man U players would never react like Drogba did in the Champions League: Rooney got a warning from the FA for going "12 men" at the camera.

Slightly milder than Drogba's language but a much lower profile game and nowhere near as many howlers as that game.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X