No announcement yet.

Big Decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God I've rarely been as annoyed as I have about everything about the Man U game. Farcical refereeing that destroyed the game. Terry's apparently going to be investigated and Man U will get off scot free despite 5 man u players crowding the ref before the red card, despite Ferguson waving an imaginary card at the ref.

But still, it's been one rule for man u and one for everyone else for a while.

Comment

In all honesty, they always say these things even themselves out but that is clearly utter gash.
      Chelsea have been treated really badly by refs since the Liverpool game imho.

This game had a few decisions.
      1) Cole penalty?
      2) Mikel red?
      3) Man utd stoppage time vs other teams stoppage time.
      4) Saha dive.

Comment

Its strange to me that the FA have upheld Mikel's three match ban as there was clearly not intent in his tackle. Even if they still feel it was a red card, surely they could have reduced the ban?

I can't remember an incident for a Cole penalty for Chelsea?

The stoppage time thing was fair to me. If the board goes up for 2mins, that means a minimum of 2 mins. If its 2 and a half minutes, they still put up 2. I don't know what the exact timing of Man U's goal was, but I think it was within a reasonable timeframe of what the 2min board indicates.

Saha did 'dive', but on the other hand, it was a foul, so it was still a penalty either way. Referees are not helping themselves though, because Julius Aghahowa of Wigan was clearly fouled by the Reading keeper at the weekend but tried to stay on his feet. He lost the ball because he was off balance, but the ref didn't pull the play back to award a free-kick. This sort of thing encourages players to go down, because otherwise they don't believe the foul will be given in their favour.

Comment

The main problem with the stoppage time is he got a minute out of nowhere. Its always said to be a minimum of x minutes because stoppages can happen in injury time but there weren't any.

Either the sign should've been three minutes or the play should've been stopped close to two minutes (he had three chances to stop play). Set plays near the end of injury time are lethal for defending teams as the attackers can send their whole squad up for an attack without having to worry about counter attacking (as there's no time for one).

The supposed cole penalty wasn't really a penalty in my book. It was a rash challenge but ultimately he was going for the ball and he got the ball. The controversy is that there was a slight bounce off of Saha's shin before Cole touched it. People are argueing that this means Cole's tackle took saha off the ball but really you can't say he was controlling the ball with that bounce. Could've been a penalty but it would've been very harsh.

I sometimes wonder if a blatent dive should cancel out a penalty claim. To me a penalty should be if you bring a player down, not if you just make contact. Saying "if you dive theatrically, you won't get a penalty" would certainly help stamp out the problem.

Comment

have to say with cameras at every angle and modern technology really there is no excuse for wrong decisions now days

Comment

So what if there is two and a half minutes, what should they put up on the board?

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
                So what if there is two and a half minutes, what should they put up on the board?
                That's irrelevent in this situation - the ref played well over 4 minutes of stoppage time iirc, even Ferguson (after they scored naturally) waved his hands at him to stop play and started walking off before the ref had even blown the whistle.

That, coupled with unfairly sending Mikel off, not sending Cole off, not booking Saha for diving, not sending Rooney off turned it into a complete mess of a game.

Comment

If there is 2.5, you hold up 2 or 3. That did not happen. If there is 2.51 then you hold up 3. Simple logic.
                  Let us be honest, this stinks and for Chelsea to be called up by the FA but no Man U players (of which a fair few ran at the ref) is a little odd. imho.
                  I really feel that Chelsea are being treated very badly since the Stles show at anfield.

Comment

At the moment it really does feel as if chelsea are being picked on. I would've been ok with the charges if Ferguson or Man U had been charged too as they were at least as bad as Chelsea in that game. It would also be nice to see rooney get penalised at some point when he runs up to the ref swearing (you don't have to be a skilled lip reader to recognise 'fu' sounds).

At the moment the FA are relying heavily on opposing fans hatred of the club to enable them to keep on with the uneven treatment but people are noticing (Fullham have commented on the appauling refs this season and are in the dock for it). Trouble is there are so many anti-chelsea pundits at the moment that questions aren't being asked of the FA.

In my opinion if things don't change I think the tabloids will start airing the word "corruption".

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
                      In all honesty, they always say these things even themselves out but that is clearly utter gash.
                      Chelsea have been treated really badly by refs since the Liverpool game imho.

This game had a few decisions.
                      1) Cole penalty?
                      2) Mikel red?
                      3) Man utd stoppage time vs other teams stoppage time.
                      4) Saha dive.
                      1) Evra should have had a penalty
                      2) Joe Cole should have been sent off
                      3) Saha made a meal of it but was caught

These things even themselves out....

Comment

1) Rooney should've been sent off
                        2) Man U should've been charged with not controlling their players

Comment

THIS is the kind of **** that really ****s me off.

How did he get away with just a yellow for this?

And what did the west ham fans think?

Get in there Noble!
                          noble just cruched hleb
                          What a challenge from Noble on Hleb!
                          That was very very good, Mark Noble.
                          Disgraceful.

A big boost will be the return to action of Alex Hleb who has been passed fit for the match.
                          Doesn't even make 45 minutes before some **** takes him out :/
                          Last edited by Malavon; 29-09-2007, 19:54.

Comment

Wow, the liverpool game was a disgrace. First penalty was a clear dive Gerrard was clearly waiting for an excuse to go down. Everton had the world's clearest penalty just before the final whistle, you simply couldn't argue with that one, he was clearly visibly pulled down.

What's with the horrendous reffereeing this season? I can't remember so many game changing bad desicions in such a short space of time

Comment

Gerrard went down easily, definitely. But there was a foul. Gerrard goes down too easily, he waited for the contact and took it when he had the chance. Shame to see but its not diving in the Drogba/Robben/Ronaldo shape.
                              Everton one at the end - looked a pen to me.

Comment

Defo Gerrard pen. C'mon Liverpool :P

You saying Gerrard goes down too easy in general or just that instance? To be honest, he nearly had his shirt pulled from under his crotch.. fair fookin doos I say.

Comment

Working...
                                X