No announcement yet.

Serie A 2007/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a cracker! No idea his name was Douglas.

Comment

It was a bit of a poor match (although all the off the ball stuff and constant fouling was sort of entertaining ) but that goal was amazing. Some shocking misses from Milito too, Inter should have wrapped it up much earlier.

Hopefully Roma can win the derby tomorrow to go back to the top. It'd be great to see Roma win the title again, and to have Ranieri get on over on Mourhino! I'm quite annoyed that ESPN are only showing the second half live though.

Comment

Anyone watch the Rome derby? Only one half but what an exciting half of football. They don't half get worked up!

Great comeback win for Roma, back to the top of the table again with just four matches to go. With Inter possibly being distracted by the CL this could be Roma's year. Love to see Totti win another title, my favourite (non-Spurs!) player, it'd be just reward for his loyalty to Roma.

Comment

Excellent match (so far) between Palermo and Milan. 2-0 to Palermo and they're all over Milan at the moment. It'd be great to see them qualify for the Champions League next year.

Comment

Leonardo will be no longer be Milan boss come the end of the season. Across town things couldn't be more rosy as rivals Inter are on course for the treble!

Comment

I was gutted by Roma losing to Sampdoria to basically hand the title back to Inter. It was an amazing footballing display by Roma in the first half too, brilliant quick passing, flashy flicks and touches, it was a joy to watch. Just one goal to show for it though and that's what did for them in the end.

Inter do have a tough match away to Lazio next though, after what was surely a physically draining match in Barca. If Inter don't slip up there then that's it for Roma's chances I think.

Wonder if Milan have a replacement lined up yet?

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                Wonder if Milan have a replacement lined up yet?
                That replacement could be Jesus himself, but it won't make a blind bit of difference unless Berlusconi sanctions the beyond-desperately needed complete first XI & squad overhaul that Milan require.

Without that, they will still remain rubbish.

Comment

True, I don't think Leonardo has done a bad job. In fact with a squad another year older, no Kaka, he did really well to keep them in the title race as long as he did. Off the top of my head I think they will probably finish closer to the top than they did with Ancelotti the season before.

Comment

Juventus are even worse off lol.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                      True, I don't think Leonardo has done a bad job. In fact with a squad another year older, no Kaka, he did really well to keep them in the title race as long as he did. Off the top of my head I think they will probably finish closer to the top than they did with Ancelotti the season before.
                      Haven't you seen his insane subs and formations during this season? They entered Old Trafford with a suicide tactic for example.

He didn't do a great job. But Milan ofcourse is also to blame, their players are too old and they don't really try to renew their squad either. Selling off a very talented player like Yoann Gourcuff but hiring Beckham doesn't really make sense. I think Wenger would faint.

Prandelli would be a good choice for Milan imo, he is a builder and works with youngsters. Fiorentina is one of the few Serie A clubs actually giving youth a chance.
                      Last edited by saturn-gamer; 01-05-2010, 21:12.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                        Haven't you seen his insane subs and formations during this season? They entered Old Trafford with a suicide tactic for example.

He didn't do a great job. But Milan ofcourse is also to blame, their players are too old and they don't really try to renew their squad either. Selling off a very talented player like Yoann Gourcuff but hiring Beckham doesn't really make sense. I think Wenger would faint.
                        I didn't say he was a manager of the year candidate or hadn't made mistakes, I just don't think he's done that bad a job considering it was an ageing squad that was another year older, he lost his best player when Kaka was sold, and it was his first year in management.

He'll finish 3rd, just like Ancelotti did the season before, but without having Kaka in the side. To me that isn't disaster and doesn't make him a flop.

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
                        Juventus are even worse off lol.
                        Yup, more dropped points today leaving them in 7th place and officially no chance of getting into the Champions League next year. It'll be good to see either Sampdoria or Palermo in the CL next year. I'd prefer Samp for 90's Channel 4 football Italia nostalgia reasons

Comment

Lazio really screwed AS Roma a big one. Lazio can still relegate iirc, yet they let Inter win without putting up a fight.

But I don't really understand Rosella Sensi's lamenting. Its not like its Inters fault, that Lazio didn't do ****? Lazio should be ashamed, not Inter.

Comment

Good final day in Serie A so far, as it stands at half time Roma will win the title from Inter on head to head record. Assuming Roma don't blow their 2-0 lead against Chievo a Siena clean sheet against Inter will give Roma the title. It's tough to see Inter not scoring but you never know!

Palermo are currently looking like they might nick the final Champions League spot from Samp as well.
                            Last edited by EJG1980; 16-05-2010, 13:54.

Comment

Inter score.

Comment

Ah bugger, no shock ending for Roma. Glad Samp turned it around to get the Champions League spot. I don't want Spurs to face a team that good in the qualifying round, but if we did have to get one of the better sides, Samp would be a great place to visit.

Comment

Working...
                                X