Serie A 2007/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hat trick post

Brilliant match between Napoli and Lazio, amazing atmosphere in the stadium. Lazio went 2-0 up, then within four minutes Napoli got it to 2-2. Both sides miss chances to make it 3-2 and then Napoli score a shocking own goal to put Lazio back in the lead! Top stuff.

Finished 4-3 to Napoli in the end! One of the craziest second halves of football I've seen, nice way to liven up a Sunday.
    Last edited by EJG1980; 03-04-2011, 12:30.

Comment

Napoli's my favourite side in Italy ever since the legendary 10. Cavani's unstoppable this season (although good ol Di Natale's still doing his thing too), wonder if he turns out to be a one day fly.

Milan - Inter was brilliant as well. Milan's dying for a new scudetto, but I hope Napoli takes it.

Crazy moves at Palermo too: sacked Delio Rossi -> Cosmi in -> Cosmi sacked after 4 games? -> Delio Rossi in, magnificent

Its italy all right.
      Last edited by saturn-gamer; 04-04-2011, 22:00.

Comment

I was really hoping Cavani would end up at Spurs during the summer, especially after the Palermo president claimed we had made a bid for him. It would be great if he could fire Napoli to the title.

I'm happy that ESPN have finally decided to show an Udinese match this week. I'm always reading about how attacking they are, what a good run they've been on, etc., yet ESPN never show their matches! Ah well, at least they've finally got around to it, and Udinese vs Roma could be a really great match.

Zamparini, what a nutter

Comment

Udinese has Alexis Sanchez to look out for. Likely the most promising player in Europe right now.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
            Udinese has Alexis Sanchez to look out for. Likely the most promising player in Europe right now.
            And typically, now that ESPN finally show an Udinese match, Alexis Sanchez is injured and doesn't play! Great ending to the match though with the late Di Natale equaliser and then the even later last kick of the match Totti winner.

I see Napoli won this afternoon to go joint top. Hopefully Napoli can stay there so I'll be cheering on Fiorentina against Milan tonight

Comment

Great start to the Serie A season, every match they've shown on ESPN so far has been a cracker (Juve vs Parma was a bit one sided but some of the goals were lovely). Cesena vs Napoli was great and Palermo vs Inter has been top notch so far, both end to end and fast paced. Hopefully this keeps up for the rest of the season.

Brilliant stuff, 2-2 and Palermo get a couple of goals in the last five minutes, a superb free kick from Miccoli and a stunning long range strike from Pinilla. Then Forlan gets one back for Inter to make it 4-3 going into injury time, which is how it finished. One of the best games I've seen in any league for a long time.
              Last edited by EJG1980; 11-09-2011, 20:39.

Comment

Gasperini gets what he deserves for this no sense making strategy. He somehow fails to create a system around his star player.

But its a really great day for the Serie A. Juventus was excellent, Pirlo seems to feel at home there. Roma was very disappointing considering their moves at the transfer market, Cagliari brutally scores twice and its over.

Palermo - Inter is a joy to watch, un-Italian. As is the 4-3 result. Miccoli man of the match.

Comment

Love Fabrizio Miccoli, great to watch when he's on his game. It's a shame he never became a bigger star.

I hope Juve do well this season and can keep up a high average attendance at their new stadium. If they do well hopefully it might be a kick up the arse that get the other Italian clubs to start updating their run down old stadiums and start pushing attendances back up.

Comment

Those cinder tracks around Stadio Olympico are terrible. But tickets are also far too expensive in Turin etc, a lot of the working class can't afford it.

Comment

What Lucio did here was absolutely disgusting. First kicking Stekelenburg in the face, and then complaining about a yellow card.

Here:

Una fuerte patada de Lucio a la cabeza del portero stekelenburg que lo dejo noqueado
                      Last edited by saturn-gamer; 18-09-2011, 00:02.

Comment

Don't like Lucio at all. He's a big bloke yet falls over at the slightest touch (or no touch at all!) and he doesn't mind dishing out sneaky fouls on other players.

Looking forward to Napoli vs Milan this evening. Hope the exciting start to the Serie A season continues!

Comment

Cavani on fire tonight, excellent hat trick, 3-1 to Napoli after they fell behind early on. Napoli's counter attacking is great to watch. Id love it if they could win the title this season, they've certainly got the ability.

Comment

This is the season where Napoli should take a shot, that is if nothing happens to Il Tridente. Inter looks clueless with Gasperini, and Milan isn't all that certain either.

Juventus however is a force that should be reckoned with, they did some good signings and play fresh. Plus, they are not active in Europe which will work out in their favour.
                            Last edited by saturn-gamer; 18-09-2011, 21:09.

Comment

Well, after tonight, I doubt Inter are going to look clueless with Gasperini for much longer! 3-1 loss to Novara, good match and great scenes at the end for the celebrating Novara fans, but surely there's no way Moratti won't fire Gasperini after that?

Comment

If Gasperini isn't being sacked by tomorrow, I'll eat my shoe.

This was a terrible display. He played with Forlan, Castaignos and Milito up front. 3 centre strikers! Even more retarded than his decision to keep Sneijder from playing last week and his reason why.

Inter was terrible, absolutely terrible. One of the worst displays ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X