No announcement yet.

Serie A 2007/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching the Italian football tonight to try and forget about the Spurs result earlier! Great goal just now by Lavezzi, he's a player I'd really like to see at WHL, he really seems to enjoy the game, he's great to watch.

Comment

Poor old Claudio Ranieri has got the boot from Inter. They're going to need a serious rebuilding job there over the next few seasons.

Interesting that AVB has been linked to the vacancy as the main problem at Inter is exactly the situation he faced at Chelsea: a squad where a lot of the top players are proven winners, but old and past their best, needing to be eased out so a younger generation can be brought in to move the club forward.

I wonder if he would face the same "player power" problems at Inter as he did at Chelsea, though?

Comment

Tragic news from Italy where 25-year-old midfielder Piermario Morosini has died following a suspected heart attack on the pitch, football officials say. He was taken to Pescara's Santo Spirito hospital by ambulance, where he died.

How kin sad is that.

Comment

Terrible news, found out just now when I was checking online to see what matches were on telly this weekend So soon after the Muamba incident as well, ugh.

Got a text from my brother telling me they've cancelled all matches this weekend now.

Comment

Terrible news, only heard recently when one of my mates posted it on FB.

RIP

Comment

The fukushima effect strikes again

Comment

Crazy stuff this afternoon; Genoa were losing 4-0 at home to Siena so the Genoa ultras threw flares (not trousers) onto the pitch to get the match stopped. They then proceeded to demand that as the Genoa players weren't fit to wear the shirt they should remove them... and the players did exactly that! All except for Giuseppe Sculli, who refused, had an argument with the ultra's leader, which ended with tears, hugging, and all the shirts being returned, and the match eventually being restarted. Unbelievable

Looking forward to Juve vs Roma tonight, potential to be a great match with Juve wanting to stretch their lead at the top and Roma wanting to catch up Lazio for the final CL spot. The cup match between them a month or so ago was very good, so hopefully it'll at least be as good as that was.

Comment

More madness in Serie A tonight. Udinese were 1-0 up against Lazio with around ten seconds of injury time left. Someone blew a whistle in the crowd and Lazio stopped and thought the match was over, but the referee indicated it wasn't him and Udinese carried on and scored. So Lazio went nuts, pushing the ref, refusing to restart with a kick-off, had a player sent off for going over the top in his protests. It was crazy stuff.

The really funny / stupid part is that Lazio were complaining about something that made no difference. If the goal wasn't allowed then they'd lost the match anyway as the whistle was mere seconds away and they didn't have the ball. Head to head results is used to split teams who finish on level points, not goal difference, and 1-0 or 2-0 made no difference to the head to head. Quite likely they'll get some players banned for the way they acted and it was all for something that makes zero difference to where they finish in the league.

Comment

Watching the Milan derby, 1-0 to Inter. Juve are winning in Cagliari and if it stays like that Milan have to turn it around against Inter or Juve win the title.

Inter 2-2 Milan after 55 minutes. Excellent match and nice and spicy

Finished 4-2 to Inter, great match, and Juve win the title! Just one more match to go and if Juve don't lose they will win the title undefeated.
                    Last edited by EJG1980; 06-05-2012, 20:45.

Comment

I love the Serie A:

And good that Juventus is back in the game, they are a European giant after all. They have a very solid, very balanced team. All they need is a top rated striker, they have a problem on that position. None of their players exceeded the 10 goals barrier yet only Milan produced more.

I think they would do a great job if they can sign Higuain. And I hope they'll extend Del Piero, he's still important.
                      Last edited by saturn-gamer; 07-05-2012, 17:54.

Comment

Working...
                      X