No announcement yet.

Serie A 2007/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think he has done too badly considering that he didn't have much money to spend and that he had been working with an ageing squad.

The scandal hit Juventus hard and perhaps they are still recovering. They are a shadow of the all conquering team they used to be.

Comment

I know very little about this 'scandal'.

What kind of punishment did Juventus receive?

Comment

They were found guilty of match fixing, got relegated to Serie B and stripped off their title wins in 2005 and 2006 as punishment.

They also suffered financially and had to sell off a few star names that year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
          I don't think he has done too badly considering that he didn't have much money to spend and that he had been working with an ageing squad.

The scandal hit Juventus hard and perhaps they are still recovering. They are a shadow of the all conquering team they used to be.
          You have to say that it is harsh, considering that he'll have got them two top four finishes since they came back up. You could understand it if he'd taken over the successful Lippi or Capello side but he definitely didn't inherit anything anywhere near that good.

I mentioned their bad recent run though as that's what he'll have gone for. Unfortunately the top brass at clubs often don't look beyond what's happened in the past couple of months.

I've seen interviews with some of their players saying that they expected it to take at least five years or probably more to get back to being the kind of force they used to be, it's a shame those upstairs at the club weren't as realistic.

Comment

I agree, mate.

Juventus along with AC Milan need some fresh young faces in order to challenge in the future.

Comment

Speaking of Juventus, is anyone else surprised that they are signing Diego from Werder Bremen? I just don't see where he is going to fit into their side. They already have Del Piero, who drops into similar spaces to those usually occupied by Diego, the emerging Giovinco, and Palladino - who I've been very impressed with this season - to come back from his loan at Genoa. There are other areas of the side that were in greater need of strengthening.

Comment

Giovonco could fill the void left by Nedved by playing on the left wing which would leave Diego free to play in the hole behind the striker(s). Whether Del Piero would be happy about being on the bench is another matter. He is getting on a bit though.

The legendary Paolo Maldini will be making his final appearance for AC Milan at the San Siro this weekend. His achievements and records will go unmatched. A truly loyal and fantastic professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
                  The legendary Paolo Maldini will be making his final appearance for AC Milan at the San Siro this weekend. His achievements and records will go unmatched. A truly loyal and fantastic professional.
                  Is correct.

One of my all-time footballing heroes. A truly magnificent left-back in his pomp.

Comment

I'll be watching, great match against Roma to say goodbye to the San Siro with too. Absolutely immense player who can never be praised too much. To have played at the top level for so long is amazing stuff.

Comment

His youngest son, Daniel Maldini, could follow in his footsteps one day. Here he is tackling Seedorf....

Comment

Great send off for Maldini today with an excellent match between Milan and Roma, although not the scoreline he'd have wanted with Roma getting a 3-2 win thanks to a Totti goal right at the death.

I think sold Omnisport short. After trying to find a decent stream of Spurs vs Liverpool for free all of them with terrible quality, it made me appreciate how good the Omnisport stream actually is. Still not paying for it though

Comment

Happy days, Serie A is back on UK television thanks to ESPN! They'll be showing up to three live matches each week.

I was on the fence about subscribing to ESPN but I've signed up now, no more watching Italian football on the PC for me. Shame it isn't in HD like lots of the other leagues ESPN are showing, but the fact that it's back on telly over here at all is a lovely surprise.

Comment

Brilliant!

I'm gonna subscribe to ESPN very soon. As soon as I get Sky HD confirmed.

Comment

I didn't think I'd ever seriously use this word.... ahh feck it.... SUPEEEERB!

Comment

Italian Super Cup on Saturday to kick things off

Comment

Working...
                                X