No announcement yet.

Rangers 08/09 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was a great performance yesterday, Thomson and McCulloch in the centre of midfield were excellent, in fact I was say it was Thomson's best game since he returned from injury (not before time I might add).

If we win the OF game on the 28th, then I reckon we can relax a bit as I'm not convinced it's all over quite yet. Although we've only lost 1 game all season, all it takes is a defeat in each of the remaining OF games reducing the points to 4 and then the pressure would really come on. With difficult trips to Pittodrie, Tannadice, Fir Park etc to come who knows.

Maybe I'm being a bit on the cautious side, I saw a stat today which surprised me, I didn't realise we haven't lost more than 1 goal in any game this season. Quite impressive.

Comment

I am so drunk it's not funny.

Sportsound is funny as frell.

Hey Celtic, you made this possible. Thank you. THANK FRELLING YOU, easiest OF win in a long long time. Scott Browns sending ? Technically might be right, but honestly, a joke. Yet YOU raised the ref issue. Brilliant.

I love this !!!!

Comment

Funny stuff.....

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Aim higher ya c*nt nugget.

Funny stuff:

Oh, as for sporting integretity........Kamara your a c*nt.

I imagine that'll be glossed over as well.
        Last edited by TBL2260; 28-02-2010, 14:58.

Comment

Amusingly, said sending off (can I have my stonewaller for Edu now please ?) will deflect everything away from the fact that honestly, Celtic were gash. As I said previously, easiest OF win in a long time.

Comment

First things first, was really disappointed with the 20 or so Celtic 'fans' who were shouting out during the minutes silence before the match for ex Ger Gerhardt Neef who passed away recently following illness.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the game today, wasn't brilliant football, but the atmosphere was brilliant. I have to say the Celtic streamer show as the teams were coming out was quite impressive.

Rangers deserved the win imo, pretty even first half, but we were on top in the second, even before the sending off (which i never saw from my seat). Keane was rubbish, Samaras caused more problems in the 15 mins after he come on than Keane did the whole game. Also saw Kamara for the first time and I haven't seen such a bad sportsman/cheat in a long time.

Totally delighted with result and will have a few beers tonight to celebrate. Won't have half the hangover of TBL tho.

Comment

I am seriously never drinking again.........

Comment

Mowbray MUST stay

Comment

Mon The Gers !!

Comment

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Down to 9 men, What a Frelling result !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Brilliant result , though the gers were pretty poor today and St. Mirren were better than us for most of the game , but we showed grit and determination to win, but need to play better than this on wednesday against Utd or the treble will be gone for sure, not saying we will win the treble , but as Dale says , you gotta be into to win it.

Comment

Agreed. We were......Old lady vagina flaps at times, but.......We can be better. I hope. I pray......(to alanis)

Comment

Kevin Thomson is turning into the new Terry Hurlock
                          Last edited by MisterBubbles; 21-03-2010, 22:17.

Comment

I don't think I've cheered so much for a goal in the Diddy Cup final in a long time.

I reckon the Establishment helped us out again though. Big Davie Weir had a word with the ref 'cause we were playing gash with eleven men. The ref sends off two of our players (like Davie asked him too) and voila, we win the game.

Agree with MisterBubbles, if we play like that tomorrow night it's bye bye to the treble. TBH I think we'll be put out tomorrow night anyways, just got one of those feelings.

Comment

Disappointed with last nights team selection more than anything else. Why weren't Boyd/Miller/Novo on from the start? I'm not convinced about saving them for the league, we could play the young boys in the league and still probably win it at a canter. It was a great opportunity for the treble which is now gone.

Well done Utd though, they were by far the better team last night.

Even Celtic's humiliation against St Mirren isn't any consolation.

Comment

Oh yes it is
                                Watty wants the championship more than anything, plus there thinking of the cash to help the club out. Shows the younger lads still have much to learn as their decision making last night was rubbish , Fleck and Little . But yes congratulations to Utd who wanted it more, biggest mistake was taking off Boyd in the earlier game at 3-1.
                                Last edited by MisterBubbles; 25-03-2010, 11:59.

Comment

Working...
                                X