No announcement yet.

Uefa Champions League Thread 08/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whereas Group C is Barcelona's to lose. Good for them.

Comment

Chelsea have a nice easy group. Only Roma should prove tough.

Liverpool's group is pretty tough but no doubt they'll squeeze through with goals in the 89th minute when they're on the verge of going out.

Arsenal should go through but may be second.

Man U and celtic should go through but villareal could take Celtic's place.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
        So here's how the draw finished:

A: CHELSEA, Roma, Bordeaux, Cluj.
        B: Internazionale, Werder Bremen, Panathinaikos, Anorthosis.
        C: Barcelona, Sporting Lisbon, Basel, Shakhtar Donetsk.
        D: LIVERPOOL, PSV Eindhoven, Marseille, Atletico Madrid.
        E: MANCHESTER UNITED, Villarreal, CELTIC, Aalborg.
        F: Lyon, Bayern Munich, Steaua Bucharest, Fiorentina.
        G: ARSENAL, Porto, Fenerbahce, Dynamo Kiev.
        H: Real Madrid, Juventus, Zenit St Petersburg, Borisov

I'm fairly confident that Man United can qualify from Group E, though the away ties against Villarreal and Celtic will be difficult games. There should be quite an atmosphere at Parkhead , I'd imagine
        Yeah I think we will get through but the games at Celtic and Villarreal will be tough. Aalborg? Never heard of em.

The other English teams should also get through, I can see Arsenal having a tough time though. Away games at Fenerbahce and Kiev won't be easy!

Group H is a bit of a corker though eh? Juve and Madrid with the surprise team from last year, Zenit. Borisov will the the whipping boys though!

Comment

Haha, you're such a bitter gimp.

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post

Liverpool's group is pretty tough but no doubt they'll squeeze through with goals in the 89th minute when they're on the verge of going out.

Comment

^ LOL What's this? NTSC-uk's version of Mourinho vs Benitez?

In all seriousness, although Liverpool have the toughest group out of all the English teams, I reckon they'll qualify from their group.

Liverpool have played Marseille and PSV before and will know what to expect. And Benitez knows all there is to know about Atletico Madrid considering his knowledge of Spansih Football.

Comment

Sorry, I just can't stand Abigsmeg and his constant Liverpool bitterness yawn talk. He seems so hurt by us for some reason. Concentrate on your team of Pokemen.

Comment

We wont even concede a goal, piece of piss.

Comment

The draw for the knock phase for the last 16 is a week on Friday. So until then, let's speculate on the possibilities!

LAST 16 QUALIFIERS
                  Group winners: Roma, Panathinaikos, Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Porto, Juventus.
                  Others: Chelsea, Inter Milan, Sporting, Atletico Madrid, Villarreal, Lyon, Arsenal, Real Madrid.

Manchester United
                  Possible opponents:Inter Milan, Sporting, Atletico Madrid, Lyon, Real Madrid.

Liverpool
                  Possible opponents:Inter Milan, Sporting, Villarreal, Lyon, Real Madrid.

Chelsea
                  Possible opponents:Panathinaikos, Barcelona , Bayern Munich, Porto, Juventus.

Arsenal
                  Possible opponents: Roma, Panathinaikos, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus.
                  Last edited by Kongster; 10-12-2008, 21:10.

Comment

On current form you'd be happy to go with anybody but Inter Milan for Liverpool really.

Sporting, Villarreal and Lyon are all decent enough teams but ones that Liverpool are eminently capable of dealing with and moving on to the next round. Same goes for United really.

Chelsea and Arsenal have tough teams apart from Panathinaikos I suppose. Looking like finishing top definitely has helped. Lets hope Inter get drawn against United first out of the hat, leaving Liverpool to scoop up Sporting.

Comment

A draw against anyone other than bloody barcelona would make me happy.

Comment

Come on UEFA, get on with it. 11.09 and they're still waffling on.

Comment

Chelsea v Juventus
                          Villarreal v Panathinaikos
                          Sporting Lisbon v Bayern Munich
                          Atletico Madrid v Porto
                          Lyon v Barcelona
                          Real Madrid v Liverpool
                          Arsenal v Roma
                          Inter Milan v Manchester United

Pretty tough games for all us English teams.
                          Last edited by VR46; 19-12-2008, 10:16.

Comment

Bloody Mourinho!

2 ties stand out there:

Inter Milan vs Man Utd
                            Liverpool vs Real Madrid

Mouth watering prospect of some tasty football there. (Probably end up 0-0 now that I said that)

Comment

Looks good for the big guns who survive their matches as at least a couple of the "lesser" clubs will be in the quarters. Some cracking ties there, Ranieri back to the bridge and Mourhino against Fergie.

I was expecting Arsenal vs Roma as, having a soft spot for Roma, Arsenal are the team I would least like to knock them out Roma are back in good form recently though, if they can beat Chelsea I think they can knock out Arsenal.

Comment

Happy with that. It's always seemed a bit wrong that Real have never played at Anfield.

Comment

Working...
                                X