No announcement yet.

Jan 09 Transfer Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2206: Breaking news: The prime minister of Italy, Silvio Berlusconi, who is also the owner of AC Milan, has told Italian television that Kaka is staying at the club. Repeat, Kaka will not be joining Manchester City.
    BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Not a massive surprise.

Unless this is a ploy to get Man City to come back with a £200million bid

Comment

If he stays put, who will Man City bid mega-stupid money for next ?

Let the rumours begin, still two weeks of this transfer window left.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
          Not a massive surprise.

Unless this is a ploy to get Man City to come back with a ?200million bid
          I wouldn't put it past them. City are living in a world of their own - where there is no such thing as the credit crunch!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
            If he stays put, who will Man City bid mega-stupid money for next ?

Let the rumours begin, still two weeks of this transfer window left.
            Steven Gerrard, ?5,000 billion

Comment

Kaka is rare among the top players in not being in the Champions League at present. And he wouldn't go to City for all that silly money ... They may find it harder than they thought to assemble their globe trotters.

Comment

Spurs have signed Wilson Palacios, it's on the official club web site. No mention of what the fee was though.

Comment

Celtic could be priced out of moves for Peterborough youngsters Craig Mackail-Smith, George Boyd and Aaron McLean, with the League One club looking for combined transfer fees of £15m for the the trio. (Daily Record)
                  Awesome.

Really disgusting behaviour from Celtic though, trying to grab, probably, our three best players in one fell swoop (and on the cheap) leaving us substantially worse and with little chance of promotion. No consideration whatsoever for Posh.

I'm glad we told them to f' off.

Comment

Heskey has gone to Villa for £3.5m and Bullard has gone to Hull for £5m so far today.

Comment

Wouldn't you want Heskey back at Anfield instead?

Comment

I think Big Emile will do well at Villa. MON shopuld help him out and his work will really help Young and Gabby imo.

Comment

I don't get this one, where does it leave Carew? Not that I think signing Heskey is bad, i'm thinking its just a bit unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                            I don't get this one, where does it leave Carew? Not that I think signing Heskey is bad, i'm thinking its just a bit unnecessary.
                            I think Carew is injured, hence the purchase of Heskey.

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
                              I think Big Emile will do well at Villa. MON shopuld help him out and his work will really help Young and Gabby imo.
                              I would be inclined to think the opposite. Heskey's big skill seems to be holding a long ball up and waiting for the team to move up with him. Villa's tactics seem to be to counterattack at great speed. I struggle to see where Heskey fits into that plan, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                                I would be inclined to think the opposite. Heskey's big skill seems to be holding a long ball up and waiting for the team to move up with him. Villa's tactics seem to be to counterattack at great speed. I struggle to see where Heskey fits into that plan, to be honest.
                                Away from home, yes they do play counter-attacking football. I'm guessing MON would like to shore up Villa's comparitively average home performances, and with Carew's injury Heskey is the player to add that extra dimension.

Comment

Working...
                                X