No announcement yet.

Summer 2009 Transfer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wasn't boss during just that game though was he? He is leetboss forever.

It's not easy to get over that game. For both of us. 1-4 at Old Toilet. Brazilian freekick pearler over the top of Ronaldo, Berbatov, Rooney etc. Then a cheeky sublime lob over that keeper's head. The way Vidic was beaten/bummed off by a girly looking fella which ended up in goal pie bonanza. Boss, boss and better boss. Is right!
    Last edited by hudson; 04-07-2009, 20:10.

Comment

You guys are worse than the tabloids!

Comment

Yep. A victory at OT. Good for you.

And you won how many trophies last year?

Year before?

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
          You guys are worse than the tabloids!
          Ah, life on NTSC-uk wouldn't be the same without the Mad Man Hoolak banter.

I'm just hoping he doesn't get as homo-erotic as he did last season

Comment

I've been typing in the nack all evening x

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
              They got rid of him, and didn't want him back. They've had plenty of opportunity to get him. Surprised they've not, for a free he'd have been good cover. Their little pre-teen Torres spends as much time injured as Owen, so put them together and maybe you'd get a striker for a whole season
              Thats absolutely rubbish. Owen wasnt 'got rid of' at all. He promised to sign a new deal and leave a year or two after to ensure Liverpool got the best of his value, if I recall correctly. He demanded the transfer from Liverpool to Real Madrid. Liverpool got a cut price because he demanded the move so they had to let him go before he went the next year for nothing.

Then, when he came back to England Liverpool were interested in him. Newcastle blew Liverpool out of the water with a crazy bid for him. If he was that interested in not following the money and joining a decent club he could have demanded a transfer to Liverpool for the lesser fee. A lesser fee that Real had agreed to just before Newcastle pounced.

So after all of that happening to Rafa I'm not entirely surprised he isn't interested in Michael Owen anymore. It'd be the same as your best mate ****ting on your sofa. You just wouldn't invite him over again would you?

Good old Man U fans blinkered to anything outside their own club

edit : And the year Owen left, Liverpool won the Champions League, smoke that Mr Owen

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                I've been typing in the nack all evening x
                Thankfully you didn't replace your avatar to reflect that!

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                  Good old Man U fans blinkered to anything outside their own club
                  Hold on, hold on.... there are other clubs in the PL?

Comment

I was shocked to find that out myself too, I was convinced that was the reason they have won so many!

I also like the fact you didnt reply to anything else. Means you agree with it \o/ \o/ - Thats internet rule 512 section C.

Comment

Actually it means you appear to know more about it than I. So I either accept what you said, or spend an hour on Google. I'll accept what you said. Life's too short

I didn't think Liverpool put any offer for him when he came back to the UK, I thought he'd gone to Newcastle because of a lack of offers. But if what you're saying is correct, then I'll trust you

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                        Thats absolutely rubbish. Owen wasnt 'got rid of' at all. He promised to sign a new deal and leave a year or two after to ensure Liverpool got the best of his value, if I recall correctly. He demanded the transfer from Liverpool to Real Madrid. Liverpool got a cut price because he demanded the move so they had to let him go before he went the next year for nothing.
                        As far as I remember Owen was haggling for a new contract saying he wanted champions league football etc? and Benitez, not buying into the hype, pointed to the Real Madrid offer.

edit : And the year Owen left, Liverpool won the Champions League, smoke that Mr Owen
                        Yeah, gotta love the irony.

Comment

Zhirkov has signed for Chelsea.

The press are still running with the John Terry thing, trying to squeeze as much coverage as they can from a "he is not for sale, we will not consider any approaches for him" response.

Comment

Good player, I really liked what I saw of him in Euro 2008 and whenever I've seen CSKA on telly. If he adapts to the Premier League I reckon he could be a big hit at Chelsea.

The press are such idiots. A player could fart and the tabloids could somehow turn it into a six week transfer saga.

Comment

How much to trust the rumours

Newspapers football rumours statistics, the best and worse papers listed by rumour accuracy. Which papers have the best rumour statistics.

Comment

Man City have pulled out of the deal to sign Eto. Now turn their attention elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X