X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
    You already have Drogba and Anelka.

Chelsea fans have grown greedy.
    We're going to lose Mikel, Essien Drogba and Kalou to the ACON and they take a long time to recover.

You also need alternatives for when they're not managing to breakdown the defence. Man U last season had lots of options for goal scorers. When a team parks the bus, you need to be able to make major changes if you're struggling.

Comment

Gerrard could get a summer transfer...

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Everyone else admitted guilt, can't look good pleading not guilty in those circumstances. For some reason this trial's going to take 4 more days.

That said, even if he's found guilty I can't see him getting any worse than community service or a suspended sentence. He would get a worse punishment than the other guys though.

Comment

Silly bugger.

I am a Liverpool fan but no matter if the same player is in your team, assaulting somebody - whether they admit to being guilty or not - is a bit of a cock.

I would personally take a month or two of his wages to teach him a lesson.

Comment

Gerrard's gone way down in my estimations.

‘change the track’

‘nope’

*punch*

What a cock.

I'm sure half the fights that get started by Premiership players are because they're not used to being told 'no'.
          Last edited by Kit; 21-07-2009, 22:35.

Comment

Saw the CCTV footage. No doubt he did the first punch, got the guy right in the face and he didn't even have his arms up to guard himself. He's gonna have a real tough time calling that self defence.

Comment

If all is true (not seen footage) he is a twat. If it is not true, he is a twat anyway! (for other reasons).

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Good quality CCTV footage

Maximum penalty for affray is 3 years at the crown court (zero chance of him getting that). Conditions for guilt are that "a reasonable person" would fear that they'd be subject to violence and intimidation. The two of them are ganging up on the barman, poking him and getting in his face.

I can't see any defence. Pleading not guilty seems incredibly stupid as it'll increase any punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                  Saw the CCTV footage. No doubt he did the first punch, got the guy right in the face and he didn't even have his arms up to guard himself. He's gonna have a real tough time calling that self defence.
                  That isn't Gerrard who throws the big elbow, it's his mate. Gerrard throws 2/3 digs afterwards by the look of things.

Should've pleaded guilty really and taken the fine.

Comment

Ah yeah, isn't clear because they drained the colour from that part.

Reading more about what happened, after that his 'mates' went back to the barman a second time (wasn't on the CCTV shown to the court because it didn't involve Gerrard) and then on the way out, smashed a glass door.

All this because the barman wouldn't hand over the remote control to the CD player to him...

Comment

Spurs have signed The Two Kyles from Sheffield United. No mention of a fee on the official site but I've seen figures of £8 to £11 million for the pair bandied about. Not marquee signings but hopefully they'll both be good for the future.

I actually hope we don't do a huge amount of business in the transfer window, we always buy too many players which leads to inconsistency while they all adapt / fit in. We had good form at the end of last season with a very settled side, I'd like to give that a chance to carry on.

Okay, sorry for taking this off topic, back to the bar room brawling

Comment

I have seen Kyle Naughton play and he does seem decent. Not sure how much they will actually play this coming season though. Isn't one of them coming straight back on loan?

Comment

Drogba's staying at Chelsea, got a new contract. There are suggestions he'd like to end his career at the club.

A piece of news which went by really quietly was that Drogba had his UEFA ban reduced. As much as we got blasted for the reaction to that game, Drogba struck a cord with lots of passionate fans for saying what lots of them were thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                            I have seen Kyle Naughton play and he does seem decent. Not sure how much they will actually play this coming season though. Isn't one of them coming straight back on loan?
                            I think Walker is meant to be the one going straight back on loan, although there was no mention of that in the article on the official site.

Comment

Can't see them playing much. It probably goes Corluka>Hutton>Naughton(>Chimbonda, if he doesn't go).

Comment

Anyone know anything about Lee Chung Yong who's just signed for Bolton(Pending work permit)?

Comment

Working...
                                X