• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
    But then what's going to happen when he's suspended due to
    yellow/red cards
    Maybe if he's enjoying his position more he'll stop kicking people

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
      He played 31 games, Tevez 29. Berba scored a few more, guess how many of Tevez's 29 were from the bench though...

United do indeed have more depth than most teams, almost 3 complete first teams...however, I'd argue that most of that depth isn't flair playing goalscorers.
      Not arguing there. But Tevez wasn't a flair playing goalscorer. Ronaldo of course was, and it is he we'll miss. We can't replace him, but we can add a few more striking options with the money.

Next season will certainly be interesting. But this isn't the first time Fergy has rejigged his team and he's always successful

Comment

So...the last goal Tevez scored for United...the cheeky backheel...that wasn't flair?

Comment

LOL. You know what I mean.

He has some flair, of course. But I'd not call him a flair player. He's a hard worker, bit between his teeth, never gives up. All great attributes, and yes we'll miss that - but Rooney has those attributes, plus he is more of a "flair" player who keeps the ball better than anyone.

Now Ronaldo, that's a flair player. Messi. And I think Rooney will hit those heights when he's more The Man in the team

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
            I think if you look at the stats, Berba contributed more - but then he had more games. Didn't he end up having the highest assists in the team?
            Well, to be fair stats can be a bit misleading - according to the stats, Denilson was apparently the 3rd or 4th best player in the PL last season and let's be honest, he wasn't even close.

I agree about Tevez not being a flair player though, his only real outstanding attribute imo is his work ethic. Still, I think United will miss him especially combined with the loss of Ronaldo. There seems to be some talk of Nani now stepping up to replace Ronaldo but from what I remember he hasn't shown anything to suggest hes capable of that.

Comment

With those 3, we'd have spent ?40m or so. Leaves Fergy with ?60m. Get a defensive midfielder, unless he knows Hargreaves is returning soon.
              I think you're a bit deluded there. Valencia alone is looking to cost nearer 20mil than 15. Benzema is 25mil, as you stated. So you're at pretty much 45mil thats without including RVN.

I would have said a couple of weeks ago that this Summer was gonna be interesting but its already proven itself very boring. Maybe its the amount of money involved, it basically means we're talking up 2 or 3 'superstars' at values grossly inflated. The papers have just been full of all that rubbish.

Time to cancel Setanta and pray for ths summer to pass quickly so I can watch football again.

Comment

Deluded? LOL. My math was out a little, so that automatically makes me MADDDD!!

Ruud will be a couple of million. I'd like to see him back, would life the crowd with the departure of Tevez. I think he'd be happy to take on the Sheringham sub role.

Comment

LOL. You know what I mean.

He has some flair, of course. But I'd not call him a flair player. He's a hard worker, bit between his teeth, never gives up. All great attributes, and yes we'll miss that - but Rooney has those attributes, plus he is more of a "flair" player who keeps the ball better than anyone.

Now Ronaldo, that's a flair player. Messi. And I think Rooney will hit those heights when he's more The Man in the team
                  Until you said Messi, I was honestly under the impression that you though "flair" meant "c*nt" there

I do know what you mean, but I don't think Rooney is a Messi or Ronaldo type of player mate, if you do, I worry for your sanity.

Oh and horseface has a price tag of £1.5 million if I recall.

Comment

This thread is rapidly turning to one questioning my sanity! Got to laugh, just because I happen to think Rooney is the best English player around, and the best player in the best team in the country.

He's not a Messi or Ronaldo style player, and it's doubtful he'll ever get the plaudits of those guys, but yeah, I think he's great and potentially up there. He just lacks the glamour of the other players.

Comment

Chelsea to bid 50 million on Torres. According to tomorrow's rags.

Comment

Oh come on you can not be serious!

Unfortunately, I don't find it particularly surprising given how ****ed up crazy things are.

Comment

Sam Allardyce is becoming a joke to me.

Goes to Newcastle, takes half our back room staff, one of our players (Faye).

Goes to Blackburn, gets Diouf back, starts playing Samba up front and now has apparently enquired about Kevin Davies.

If he loved the f*cking club so much, why did he tout himself for every other job in his last season with us?

Honestly, get over it Sam, you were amazing for us, but you aren't at Bolton any more.

Comment

A lot of talking this morning about Benzema being our (Man Unitd's) first signing in this window. Will be happy with that if it pans out.

Comment

Hope United get a move on with a signing. Benzema is one of those Madrid may start to get interested in if they fail to sign others. We'll go in with a £21m off, up to £25; they'll start at £40m and work upwards from there

Comment

I seem to recall someone wishing they could see that Michael Owen 32 page brochure that was knocking about, not seen anyone else post it so :

So, the dossier's done the trick - Sir Alex Ferguson appears willing to take a chance on out-of-contract Michael Owen, 'the athlete; the ambassador; the icon'.

I just hope that linking to the daily facist doesn't make me feel ill at a later date.

Comment

Working...
                                X