Summer 2009 Transfer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glazza View Post
    Down to himself it seems,as UTD was willing to offer the money up for him,cant help feel hes being a bit of a knob but the end of the day up to him and its only downhill when you leave Utd specially for the teams that are interested in him.
    I think that's rather harsh, the bloke is clearly talented and never complained about getting splinters and being made to feel like Fergie wasn't sure if he wanted to stump up the cash for him. Now United suddenly have the bunce, they're willing to pay.

With Hughes after Santa Cruz and already having Robinho, and Chelsea having Drogba and Anelka...I'm not sureh he'd walk into either team anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
      I think that's rather harsh, the bloke is clearly talented and never complained about getting splinters and being made to feel like Fergie wasn't sure if he wanted to stump up the cash for him. Now United suddenly have the bunce, they're willing to pay.

With Hughes after Santa Cruz and already having Robinho, and Chelsea having Drogba and Anelka...I'm not sureh he'd walk into either team anyway.
      Nout against the lad personally Jebus i wish him well where ever he goesand he is a top pro,just not sure he will be apreciated by other clubs fans and team mates like he was at OT but we will see mate..

Comment

I am sure every single West Ham fan and all his team mates at Upton Park appreciated him a great deal, maybe even more so than all at Old Trafford

Comment

Shame, but too much money for the guy. He wants to play all the time. Not a bad thing, he's got some medals now, so playing would seem more important to him. Well, wages sound like a sticking point.

We're going to have to make some big waves in the transfer market soon. By my estimations, we'll be looking for 4 players now.

Comment

Yeah agree with there Chain..4 is the least and they will have to be quality players at that.

Comment

Originally posted by glazza View Post
              Nout against the lad personally Jebus i wish him well where ever he goesand he is a top pro,just not sure he will be apreciated by other clubs fans and team mates like he was at OT but we will see mate..
              I get what you mean but don't agree. A player like Tevez, who runs his socks off for the team is always appreciated. Look at our Kevin Davies, nowhere near as good as most strikers but the fans ADORE him, most opposition players don't want to defend against him, he never leaves you alone.

Fans always love a trier.

Comment

They could've renegotiated the contract mid season to show they appriciated him, they could've given him the games he was working hard to get.

Man U haven't really deserved to keep him. It's now a question of Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City for him. I could see Chelsea putting a strong bid for him and it'd get him Champions League football which he wouldn't get at Man City (for a couple of seasons at least)

Comment

Apparently it's not Liverpool...his agent has already said "It's Chelsea or Man City".

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                    They could've renegotiated the contract mid season to show they appriciated him, they could've given him the games he was working hard to get.

Man U haven't really deserved to keep him. It's now a question of Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City for him. I could see Chelsea putting a strong bid for him and it'd get him Champions League football which he wouldn't get at Man City (for a couple of seasons at least)
                    That makes me laugh Smurf. Working hard is fine - but is the quality really there? He didn't get in every game because there were better players ahead of him in the pecking order.

Well, that and Fergs is intent on justifying Berba

Giving him more games may not have ended up with us winning the league. It's not about the individual, it's about the team. End of the day, as the Champions, the tactics management used were clearly successful.

If he went to Chelsea, would he be first choice? Better than Anelka or Drogba? I don't think so. He has passion, he works his arse off, a great asset to any team. Doesn't mean he should start every game.

When a manager has won as much as ManU's, you trust him. He knew what he doing last season

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
                      That makes me laugh Smurf. Working hard is fine - but is the quality really there? He didn't get in every game because there were better players ahead of him in the pecking order.
                      Come on mate! Tevez or Bebatov? I know which I'd rather.

Fergie has won lots, but he's made mistakes, he's not infallable, and this is a player he shouldn't have let get away.

Comment

Exactly what I was going to say, Berba, biggest waste of cash since Svechenko (I still can't spell his name properly no doubt) in my opinion.

Hat-trick of mistakes for Fergie now, Nistelroy, Stam and now Tevez.

If Man U are champions next year I'll be really surprised. Not just saying that as a Liverpool fan, but just can't see them dominating in the way they have in the past. The pressure is mounting on Rooney's shoulders by the week lol.
                        Last edited by VR46; 20-06-2009, 15:13.

Comment

I agree Dave, unless Fergie can somehow spend that 80 million on (in todays market) 150 millions worth of players, I don't see how they are going to rpelace the talent they've lost.

Rooney will benefit, but is Nani really going to step up? I doubt it. Are Scholes and Giggs going to have as much to do with things? I doubt it.

Comment

Did no-one read my comment the next line down about Berba

I think if you look at the stats, Berba contributed more - but then he had more games. Didn't he end up having the highest assists in the team?

Dave, I only think Stam was a mistake; even then, he said **** he shouldn't so had to go. Seems they had a choice a while back, Ruud or Ronaldo had to go. Think they made the right move. I'm half expecting Ruud back now anyway, as a cover striker

The market is just inflated because of Madrid, and Chelsea may want to get in on the action with high bids on Ribery. I don't think United will follow that path, I really don't. Barca are rumoured to be making large bids, but it's just rumours and they're not confirmed. Same for Chelsea and United.

If the market does stay like this, United could do a lot worse than buy 2 players for £20m each and sit on the rest of the cash until next year, when reality will hopefully make a guest appearance.

Right now, United need a striker - but Fergy may give Macheda a chance. In which case, we just need a cover striker with experience, like Ruud.

I think Benzema will cost us £25m. Can't see why he'd want to stay where he is, he needs to get with the big boys.

Not sure about Valencia, but that does sound like a done deal.

With those 3, we'd have spent £40m or so. Leaves Fergy with £60m. Get a defensive midfielder, unless he knows Hargreaves is returning soon.

United have more depth than any other team. And I expect Rooney to stand up and make the difference. He's been sacrificed for Ronaldo, now it's his turn, and the team will be built around him

Comment

But then what's going to happen when he's suspended due to
                              yellow/red cards

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
                                I think if you look at the stats, Berba contributed more - but then he had more games. Didn't he end up having the highest assists in the team?
                                He played 31 games, Tevez 29. Berba scored a few more, guess how many of Tevez's 29 were from the bench though...

United do indeed have more depth than most teams, almost 3 complete first teams...however, I'd argue that most of that depth isn't flair playing goalscorers.

Comment

Working...
                                X