Champions League 2009/2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
    What's also funny is that the Bernaneu will be hosting the Final. Barcelona will be lapping this up.
    Especially if they get there AND win it. Guardiola's (already monstrous) legend status at the club would go to absolutely ridiculous levels.

Comment

Well done Inter - finished one at last.

Comment

straight forward draw for Man U who should easily make the final, worst possible draw for Arsenal.

Inter Milan v CSKA Moscow

Arsenal v Barcelona

Bayern Munich v Manchester United

Lyon v Bordeaux

then

Inter/CSKA Moscow v Arsenal/Barcelona

Bayern/Man United v Lyon/Bordeaux
        Last edited by abigsmurf; 19-03-2010, 10:18.

Comment

oh no, Barca then Inter !

would be a good way to win it though then stick it to Utd in final.

oddly I think Barca could be doable for us, they'll come and say lets have a game of football and won't be out to clatter us off the park like half the thuggish northern prem teams do.

can't wait as could be a great couple of matches.

Comment

Man Utd v Barcelona final again then?

Comment

Quite glad we face Barcelona now to be honest. It's likely that we'd have had to play them at the final anyway and this way if we win, we have the belief and confidence to beat inter and what you'd think will be United, but even if we lose all that means is we can focus on winning the EPL - something we still have a decent chance of doing.

Bit annoying that Utd get the two easiest matches and we get the two hardest, but there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                oh no, Barca then Inter !

would be a good way to win it though then stick it to Utd in final.

oddly I think Barca could be doable for us, they'll come and say lets have a game of football and won't be out to clatter us off the park like half the thuggish northern prem teams do.

can't wait as could be a great couple of matches.
                If you try to play 'beautiful' football against them, I'd predict similar style games to last year's final where Man U never looked in it. You beat teams like Barcelona by tight marking and not giving them them room.

The second you give them room, you not only let them play how they want but every tackle they'll go down looking for a foul (and most of the time getting them).
                Last edited by abigsmurf; 19-03-2010, 10:36.

Comment

just checked dates and 1st legs are 30/31st March with 2nd only a week later, can't wait.

very spawny draw for Utd but Bayern fans will ensure a decent atmos after the 99 final

think we are a better 'pure' footy team than Utd (with other weaknesses of course). Messi seems on fire but I don't rate Ibra or Alves that much, Xavi & Iniesta though are pretty tasty. I make Barca favourites but think we are close-ish and can do them

Comment

Ibra was on fire for Barca at the start of the season, really making a mockery of those who said Barca were mad to swap him for Eto'o (especially with Eto'o struggling for form at Inter) but he's tailed off over the last two months.

Great draw for Man U. Bayern look the toughest of those three on paper but I thought they were very lucky to get past Fiorentina so I'd expect Man Utd to beat them.

Comment

Bring on Barca! Tough game and the odds are against us - but it should a great game to watch, On our day we'll beat anyone!

Comment

Bayern are hardly a pushover, they have the best record in this seasons tournament.

Tenner on Lyon to make the final?

Comment

Tough Draw for the Red Devils but an exciting one all the same and at least the game wont be short on atmosphere after 99,and i agree with HumanEnergy in that i thought Bayern were lucky to get past Fiorentina but that dont mean for one second Fergie will be under estimating the Germans one bit and this one realy will be too close to call, and with players like Robben n Ribery on both flanks it will make for a real fast paced open game and we UTD fans will be in for the familiar rollercoaster of a tie and i feel away goals might just be the key.

G.
                          Last edited by glazza; 19-03-2010, 11:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                            Bayern are hardly a pushover, they have the best record in this seasons tournament.

Tenner on Lyon to make the final?
                            Bayern struggled to get out their group and did it in the last game. So I doubt they have the best record.

Nice to see Henry returning against Arsenal. Barca are much more beatable over two legs than one match.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                              I don't rate Ibra or Alves that much
                              I'm pretty sure that Bar?a fans wouldn't rate Bendtner or Clichy that much either

I know, I know... you're just trying to keep positive... fair play.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                                Originally posted by Prototype View Post
                                Bayern struggled to get out their group and did it in the last game. So I doubt they have the best record.
                                Yup, Bordeaux comfortably won that group with Bayern and Juve both scrapping over the second place some distance behind. They then snuck past Fiorentina on away goals after some extremely dodgy decisions in the first leg of the match helped them out big time.

Of course they're not easy and on their day they can be great, and they've found some excellent form in the league over the past few months, but I still think they're the best of the "big name teams" to be drawn against.

Now watch them beat Man U 3-0 in both legs

Comment

Working...
                                X