Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NekoFever View Post
    There's also David Busst, where his leg got shattered against Man United and when it happened Peter Schmeichel just runs away with his hands over his face. He needed counselling, and that was just from looking at it.
    I remember that one, the area where landed was soaked with blood. Terrible injury, ended his career.

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
      that cisse one was the worst ive ever seen, but nasty that,
      i dont like to see any player injured even if its an arsenal or chelsea player, me being a huge man utd fan, things like this happen, just a shame it wasent adbeyourrrrrr lol sorry
      you have to give credit to bham for getting a draw

Arsenal we are coming for you, be scared very very scared
      He says from Cornwall......

Comment

Jesus, just seen the slow mo on MOTD and it was even worse then i thought before. I hope he's back in the future, but god it doesnt seem likely.

Comment

All this does is make the title race even more interesting. There will be many points dropped by all teams challenging for the title in the course of the run in, could be the best title race for a while.

On the game today, glad Arsene Wenger retracted his earlier statements about Taylor. Don't want to stir anything up but the actions of Gallas during and after the penalty were not befitting of a club captain, its not as if you guys have lost the title....you're still 3 points ahead.

Comment

Just seen it too on Match of the Day.

Bad injury for the lad, hope it doesn't ruin his career.

Comment

Wenger has gone back on his earlier statements saying he was a bit 'excessive'. Fair enough, a bit of passion is what you want from the manager and at least he admits he was wrong.

Comment

Just seen it for the first time and that is some nasty break, he's a young lad so hopefully come the new season he'll be back to full fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                  Call me sad, I looked through the whole thread and there are quite a few non Arsenal fans who have posted stuff you would consider not "gloating"

I think you will find you are generalising, if you look at any set of supporters you will always get the odd few who are idiots. There is obviously gonna be banter between rival sets of fans, as long as it doesn't go to the level of insults then all is fine.

Justify what mate?! Took Alex Ferguson years of hardwork to get the club where they are now. He was spoon fed nothing, so I dunno what you are on about to be honest. Same applies to Wenger, he has put in a lot of hardwork to get the club to where they are now.
                  Ferguson has always had bucket loads to spend. In his first few years he made a lot of purchases, pretty much buying a new team, including a couple of British transfer records (Roy Keane being one I believe).

You have to be successful in any way you can, I'm not knocking him, he has been a great manager. Money has played a big part in his success though.

I've stopped reading stuff about Edu but some other Gooners are saying that a lot of the press are calling it a clumsy but honest challenge and the papers tommorrow focus little on the challenge and more on the fact that we gave away 2 points. It may be emotional fans just reading and hearing what they want to read and hear but if its true then its a sad state of affairs.

Comment

I just hope he can walk again first and foremost, without pain and with all the feeling in his foot. He's a young guy who was clearly destined for greatness, the goals he got before he came to us were outstanding and he was just starting to settle in. Saw him at home once, he stood out in bursts, and all the Gooners I know agree he was going places. Football's all he knows. Tragic.

Comment

Originally posted by B1gBeard View Post
                      Ferguson has always had bucket loads to spend. In his first few years he made a lot of purchases, pretty much buying a new team, including a couple of British transfer records (Roy Keane being one I believe).

You have to be successful in any way you can, I'm not knocking him, he has been a great manager. Money has played a big part in his success though.
                      Man U also got massive investment for their stadium which enabled them to have the biggest stadium outside of Wembley which helped get them more money than other teams could match.

Comment

Originally posted by B1gBeard View Post

Could also argue money has played a big part in Wengers success. Pretty sure he also bought quite a few players when he first came in, didn't pay as much as as Ferguson/United (mainly cos most teams try and get as much money as they can out od us) but he still bought players. This debate could go on and on but money will always play a big part in a teams success these days, example being Arsenal moving to a bigger stadium.

Comment

Colin Healy's injury a few years ago was bloody awful to watch too.

Comment

that taylor fella was smiling after that tackle, disgracful

Comment

Can't say I remember seeing any smiles from him in the highlight's like.

Comment

I think his face did change, but it looked more like a look of acnowledgement at how bad the guys leg was!

Hope he makes a recovery!

Comment

Working...
                                X