No announcement yet.

Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rooney and Ronaldo are blewing chance after chance but even at 2-0 I could easily see Man U getting the two goals. Need to press a bit more

Comment

We just gotta keep hold of the ball and let Utd come at us.

No more slipping over when in posession (eh Gael??)

Comment

6 minutes....gah can't take much more!

Comment

tense ending. Well done arsenal \o/

Comment

Fantastic stuff, and fully deserved. Now I'm going to go and faint.

Comment

Yeh!

Its party time oustide my gaff (live right opposite the Emirates). Heart was proper pounding during injury time, thought it was Spurs all over again!

Comment

New captain.....
                What do you think about cesc being captain. I think it is a little risky but less so than Henry and Gallas! I like Cesc sometimes, and a very good player (obviously).

Comment

Would have preferred Almunia. Cesc is playing poorly right now and I don't think he needs the extra workload that being captain brings, he needs to concentrate on his game and finding form.

I guess we'll see, though.

Comment

Responsibility can bring more out of players though. Gerrard became a lot more consistent upon receiving the armband. To be fair, it was his boyhood club, but even so, I imagine Fabregas will relish it.

Comment

I wouldn't say Gerrard became more consistent straight away and that it was due to his being given the captaincy.

I'd say it was due, more than likely, to good coaching and growing up. Even now he still reverts to his old self when he tries to win games single handedly. He does, however, have a lot more restraint than he used to.

Comment

Gerrard has only tried to single handedly tried to win games since captaining the side. The fact is though, he HAS done it a fair few times.
                        He became captain in Houllier's last season and then did not get booked until May (iirc) and that was for dissent. That was also the season when LFC were genuinely awful as Houllier's signings became more and more bizarre and he took LFC far beyond where they should have been. I think Cesc is too young for that now but I really think it could make him a better player.

Comment

Great equaliser from Van Persie for you lot. Game on!

Comment

Van Persie gets another to make it 2-1!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                                When you play Chelsea, beat them too
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X