No announcement yet.

The World Cup Draw - Dec 4th, 5:45pm GMT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God Kezman isn't even on that list. Vidic, yes, I do recall that he's Serbian now.

I recognise a fair few from the leading appearances and goalscorers lists too. Eee, the things you forget.

Comment

My predictions:

England 1 USA 2
      England 0 Slovenia 1
      England 2 Algeria 0

You all know as well as I do that England always choke when it gets to the knockout stages.

P.S. Italia 90 squad > 2010 squad

Comment

3 points doesn't get you to the ko stages so your prediction is even more negative than that as you have England losing twice.

Comment

Milan Jovanovic is a very talented player as well, he enjoys interest of several big teams, Real Madrid had plans to sign him a while back.

Pantelic and Kuzmanovic are established players in the Seria A and Bundesliga.

Comment

Originally posted by Barla Von View Post
            The thing with England is that they always seem to get a piss easy qualify group.

As for their fans fighting over there (we all know it's inevitable, they do it at every tournament), if i was the authorities over in South Africa i'd those fans to the ****ing lions.
            For a start England group isn't that easy imo , and England fans don't always fight at all . I'm getting so very sick of people highlighting British fans , while quite convenientilly looking over trouble with the Italian fans (by far some of the worst, just they don't travel much) German, Polish , Turkish fans, never mind some of the nutters from S.America .

Comment

I think peeple are giving teams like Algeria and USA far too much respect. They are mediocre teams who will not trouble England at all. It IS an easy group. We couldn't have wished for better.

Comment

or as the sun so brilliantly put it

England
                Algeria
                Slovenia
                Yanks

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                  I think peeple are giving teams like Algeria and USA far too much respect. They are mediocre teams who will not trouble England at all. It IS an easy group. We couldn't have wished for better.
                  And I think people give England for too much respect , a Team that's done nothing on the world stage since Italy 90, and hasn't looked like winning a Tournament since 96

Comment

Maybe so. But only 1 team can win a competition. And only 4 can make it to the semis.
                    We may slag England but all the other nations have the same problem. For so many, Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Holland and a fair few more reaching at least the semis is almost expected.
                    Unlike domestic and european football there is so much more competition for the final places.

Comment

and sorry to labour the point but its just not an even playing field, if a country has a population of 2, 3, 4 times that of another of its similiarly football mad, wealthy and experienced competitors then it stands to reason that they will enjoy more success than their smaller counterparts.

quarter finals are exactly where we should be getting, no more, no less.

Comment

Maybe so. But only 1 team can win a competition. And only 4 can make it to the semis.
                        We may slag England but all the other nations have the same problem. For so many, Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Holland and a fair few more reaching at least the semis is almost expected.
                        Unlike domestic and european football there is so much more competition for the final places.
                        Oh I'm not Slagging off England at all . I'm simply saying you haven't looked like winning a World Cup since 1990 , and haven't done anything of note since Euro 96 - where England were truly brilliant and should have won it .
                        But I'm getting so sick of the Press and players already coming out and saying we can win it , Yes , but so can 12 other teams , and teams that have a far better record of winning World Cup's than England

Comment

Very true. We can win it but so can many others. I feel its a genuinly open competition and for the first time I cannot see a clear winner.

Comment

Very true. We can win it but so can many others. I feel its a genuinly open competition and for the first time I cannot see a clear winner.
                            Yeah it should be a stormer of a World Cup , and all the better for having England in it too . Massive loss the last Euro's by not having the English in it Felt rather flat watching the games down the Pub , at least with England in it.
                            All I'm saying is I get to bored of the Golden generation tag , the best team , the best prepared , We Can WIN it , that comes with England at every world Cup

Comment

I find it hilarious how happy everyone is that we've got an "easy" group.

The papers realise that to win a knockout tournament, we'd have to beat Spain et al at some point...right?

Comment

I was glad we missed 2008. It meant we got rid of that dick McLaren. He was just a carbon copy of Sven who I didn't rate as NT manager.

Sure its a knockout competition! But a good group means we can't be disappointed too early!!

Comment

Working...
                                X