The World Cup Draw - Dec 4th, 5:45pm GMT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    Where are Sweden? Czech Republic? Belgium? Croatia? Romania? Bulgaria? Do these new teams have Hagis? Scifos? Stoichkovs? Sukers? Nedveds? Rhetorical question really, but the shift in power is very noticeable.
    You missed out Thomas Brolin, though saying that the Swedes have Elmander now

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
      I read a review of that in When Saturday Comes that says it has more assumptions and bad science in it than the Daily Mail.
      some sections make the odd leap but the world cup thing is pretty decent analysis to my mind.

Comment

Serbia are far from dull.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
          Uncanny resemblance, The Sun front page headline today reads

England
          Algeria
          Slovenia
          Yanks
          It's funny how England go into evey world cup thinking they're going to win it.

They've no chance and if they did then i'll eat my kilt.

Also, when the England fans go over to South Africa i'll be watching for the square-goes on TV.
          Last edited by Barla Von; 05-12-2009, 14:15.

Comment

The most amusing thing was that during the draw, the commentator remarked how South Africa's group (I think) reminded him of England's 1966 world cup group. The thing hasn't even started and they are going on about it

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
              The most amusing thing was that during the draw, the commentator remarked how South Africa's group (I think) reminded him of England's 1966 world cup group. The thing hasn't even started and they are going on about it
              The thing with England is that they always seem to get a piss easy qualify group.

As for their fans fighting over there (we all know it's inevitable, they do it at every tournament), if i was the authorities over in South Africa i'd those fans to the ****ing lions.

Comment

Originally posted by Barla Von View Post
                It's funny how England go into evey world cup thinking they're going to win it.

They've no chance and if they did then i'll eat my kilt.
                England have as much chance of winning it as Poland and we didn't even qualify!!!

Comment

The thing with England is that they always seem to get a piss easy qualify group.

As for their fans fighting over there (we all know it's inevitable, they do it at every tournament), if i was the authorities over in South Africa i'd those fans to the ****ing lions.

Don't recall any trouble at Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                    England have as much chance of winning it as Poland and we didn't even qualify!!!
                    I don't agree. Statistically we have a 1 in 32 chance. You have 0!

On a serious note I feel we have the capability to do it but I do not think we will. We have a fairly decent squad, perhaps not up to some others certainly Spain who are fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                      Don't recall any trouble at Japan.
                      Yeah, because they would've chopped your heads off....samurai style.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                        If England win it, then the pope is a protestant.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                          Serbia are far from dull.
                          You may be right. But if they suck next year, I'll be disappointed!

I'm out of the loop on other international teams, the only player I know from Serbia is that Kezman guy. *Gulp* I hope.

Comment

If England win it, then the pope is a protestant.
                            The Catholic church is taking in CoE bishops who are annoyed at gay marriage so it is entirely possible a future Pope could be protestant.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                              I'm out of the loop on other international teams, the only player I know from Serbia is that Kezman guy. *Gulp* I hope.
                              Nemaja Vidic? Branislav Ivanovic? That's two premier league players...

They're not a spectacular side, sure, but they're more entertaining to watch than Switzerland at least. They won their group, which is why France had to go through the playoffs.

Comment

They also have Zoran Tosic, he is a regular for them. Funnily enough, it the opposite at United - he can't get a game for neither love nor money!

Comment

Working...
                                X