No announcement yet.

World Cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a tense and nerve-wracking match this was. hopefully the final will be as joyful to watch...

Comment

You'll be rooting Holland, yeah?

Comment

Great show so far, although I still don't think Shakira's the right person to sing the anthem (should've been a native, no?). But she's smokin' hot regardless.

EDIT: Nelson's in! Yeah! Goosebumps right here. This is his tournament.
        Last edited by saturn-gamer; 11-07-2010, 17:14.

Comment

Should've gone with K'naan. Great song and he's african.

Anyhow, hoping for a good game, hasn't been a tournament of memorable matches.

Comment

I've gone for the BBC.

Comment

I was hoping for Clarence on the BBC, he has been the best pundit by far for this entire world cup.

He probably has dutch TV commitments I imagine. BBC for me still, the ITV staff are even worse than Hansen, Shearer and Dixon. Thats saying something.

Comment

I'm gonna watch on the BBC as well. They seem to have a slightly better HD picture (probably all in my head!) and the commentators are slightly less annoying. Got a fiver on 2-1 to Holland. Fingers crossed that we get a really good final

Comment

Nervy start from Holland, bit of play acting from the Spaniard's & some Tekken thrown in for good measure.

Comment

Pretty scrappy at the moment to many fouls. Some nice kung-fu from the dutch though !

Torres should be playing toniught with that space behind the dutch !? I guess spain are to scared to lose, so playing one forward. Holland have no flow, they can't string two passes together. You can see this going all the way to extra-time !?
                    Last edited by wonderboy; 11-07-2010, 19:07.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                      Fingers crossed that we get a really good final
                      Clearly not crossing them hard enough yet!

Comment

Thought of a new rule to get more goals/entertainment in the next world cup. In the knock-out stages if two teams draw, they both got out !!!

You think spain would want to go for it. They're on something like 400,000+ a man to win the cup. Especailly the Barcelona players, with them not getting paid last month !?
                        Last edited by wonderboy; 11-07-2010, 19:16.

Comment

Wha a scrappy game. With a bit of luck there should be a few red cards next half to liven things up the way things are going with the fouling.

Some dire tackles going in from both sides but especially the Dutch. Shocker on Alonso by De Jong.

If it stays like this it will be a **** final to end a **** world cup. Only positive is that i have Holland in the sweep a work so i've won at least £60 no matter what, but to be honest i really couldn't care less who wins this pile of gash as it stands
                          Last edited by NemesiS; 11-07-2010, 19:25.

Comment

Yeah, i can see someone going off, but if holland went down by a man. Spain would definitely like the extra space. Still this is pretty sad for the state of the game....

The one thing that will be remember form this world cup. Is the, "Star" players that just didn't turn up. Plus, that most coaching today is the stiffle and not express yourself...

Comment

Quite an amusing yet poor half. Spain have been diving the whole competition so I'm not exactly sad to see them get a bit of a battering.

The foot to the chest should've been a straight red though.

The BBC half time punditry was awful. It's actually like the other 3 are bullying Linekar which isn't the kind of banter you want to watch and they're laid far too much into the dutch.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                                Quite an amusing yet poor half. Spain have been diving the whole competition so I'm not exactly sad to see them get a bit of a battering.
                                Been saying as much numerous times which is a shame because the Spaniards don't need to do it, when they pass it around and play they are a joy to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X