No announcement yet.

World Cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easily the best game so far. It helps that my last name is Valdez and my passport looks like this:
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

This French team ... lol. Their qualifying campaign was rotten, the Hand of Tweenie cheated their way to the finals, the players hate each other, with people like Ribery apparently refusing to pass to certain players during the friendlies, and they couldn't score at an orgy in the tournament itself. To top it off the coach is a cretin. Heh.

Comment

Well, that was nice. A couple of decent games today, although both Nigeria and Greece are piss poor, though the Nigerian keeper was unlucky as he's been their best player so far.

France? Who really cares about them? They were always overrated anyway.

Mexico look pretty tidy but won't get past the second round.

Shame to see South Korea lose, the final score wasn't really deserved but it was also nice to see a Bolton player get on the scoresheet.

But yay, the world cup feels like it's started proper. Lets hope tomorrows games are as good as todays.

Comment

But he wore our old school tie. Shame for Ireland really I bet it boils their piss watching them play like that. Complete waste of a team space.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            Easily the best game so far. It helps that my last name is Valdez and my passport looks like this:
            Ooh..nice one, never knew.

The French played like group of individuals rather than a team.

Always had a soft spot for Mexico after seeing some of the acrobatic goals the Beeb used to show them score in World Cup's of old.
            Never thought they ever reached their potential though, bit like ahem...England.

Comment

I really hope they get past the second round. If also for the fact that my shirts have both been delayed due to Adidas running out of Z's. How can you run out of Z's?! It happened 4 years ago too. Nike had run out of A's and by the time my shirts arrived we were out.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Serves the French right for sticking with Domenech after their poor Euro 2008 showing.

Comment

France was as poor as a 'team' can get. I hate them for the way they qualified, and because they are showing a complete lack of interest. I hope the FIFA is happy with their screw-up to save France.

Mexico was more aggressive, more about playing football. But they still struggled to score, and that will eventually break them against a stronger side. Chile had the same issue. But these teams play fine football regardless.

Best news is that the 2nd round seems to display a higher level of football. And the refs are still maintaining balance.
                  Last edited by saturn-gamer; 17-06-2010, 21:31.

Comment

What was going on with the French?? They didn't look interested. 1-0 down with 20mins to go they should have been bombing forward and making changes. 2-0 down, they gave up.

Good riddance to an overrated team who have been shockingly poor in both games

Comment

Domenech made the great decision to sub Govou (why did he even start?), for Valbuena when being a goal down.

Theoretically speaking they aren't out of this tourney yet. I doubt Mexico and Uruguay to settle with a draw, as Argentina is at stake here. But even then France probably has to win 3-0 or so? Difficult task, given their scoring record so far. Besides, I hope that SA gets their victory, I'd be sad if they exit without it.

Comment

World cup really came alive the last few days, I don't have any sympathy for the French its time for the new breed to take over completely.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                          I doubt Mexico and Uruguay to settle with a draw, as Argentina is at stake here. But even then France probably has to win 3-0 or so? Difficult task, given their scoring record so far.
                          Depends whether their instinct for cynicism or glory wins out. Part of me thinks that Mexico might think facing Argentina is a price worth paying if they can guarantee they're going to be in the next round.

Hopefully though both sides will believe in their own ability, not give a toss what France are doing, and go at each other hammer and tongs for the win. The goal difference situation does help too, so hopefully that will sway Mexico and Uruguay towards glory rather than cynicism

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                          World cup really came alive the last few days, I don't have any sympathy for the French its time for the new breed to take over completely.
                          Agreed, the matches over the past few days have been much more engaging and exciting than the first few days of the tournament.

Comment

Slovenia to beat the USA today then? That'd throw the cat amongst the pidgeons wouldn't it?

Comment

meh, if we don't get 3 points tonight, then we can look at the combination of results needed. Working out all the various possiblities with 2 games to go makes my head hurt.

Comment

I suspect tonight will be a scrappy england win where once again we concede huge amounts of possession to a team with 'worse players than us' and then we have another few days of the usual 'the lads believe we're getting better etc etc etc etc'

I think our biggest single problem is the fear that we play with, you can see it in other teams too but the English players look almost paralysed by it at times.

Comment

Working...
                                X