No announcement yet.

World Cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even considering of the ref has been odd, bookings on both sides. Germany haven't played half as well as they did against Australia. I guess the media can stop licking their balls now. Sick of them bigging a team up after only ONE GAME!

Comment

what the hell was Vidic doing there giving away that pen ?

think the miss will take the steam out of germany who'd been doing really well with 10 until that point

Comment

Personally I think the ref has ruined what could have been a really cracking game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
          Personally I think the ref has ruined what could have been a really cracking game.
          totally agree, Serbia look quite handy going forward but seem content to sit back.

really getting interesting though with Spain, France & possibly now Germany all losing.

Comment

Blatent time wasting!

Comment

This is a great result for Ghana, assuming they can beat Australia.

Comment

How can any ref be allowed to influence a game in such a manner? It's just plain wrong.

Take that decision at the end, if anything it's another penalty, even if you ignore the Serbian player kicking the German, right after Schweingsteiger is pushed over!

Shearer letting his vagina show again, if this had happened to England he'd be so aggressive about the ref he'd be erect.

The BBC coverage has been borderline xenophobic at times so far, disgusting the way they dismiss smaller teams and just now Linerkunt says "If it were any other team we'd have sympathy"...you are supposed to be IMPARTIAL you smug faced donkey abuser!

This sums up my feelings nicely, whilst being hilarious at the same time:

Last edited by Jebus; 18-06-2010, 13:57.

Comment

I'm finding the BBC quite patronising towards the small teams and SA in general which gets on my wick, can't say I have any problems though with a bit of mild joshing and having a laugh at the germans or frenchies though

I've worked in international based companies for years and have friends from all over europe, everybody takes part in a bit of good natured sterotypical banter and its what its all about, football is too po-faced half the time and people take it far too seriously.

The germans got a dodgy red, missed a pen and lost, thats funny, apart from the fact it may send them in our direction in the first KO round.

Comment

Vuvuzela FM - All Vuvuzela, All The Time...

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                      I'm finding the BBC quite patronising towards the small teams and SA in general which gets on my wick, can't say I have any problems though with a bit of mild joshing and having a laugh at the germans or frenchies though

I've worked in international based companies for years and have friends from all over europe, everybody takes part in a bit of good natured sterotypical banter and its what its all about, football is too po-faced half the time and people take it far too seriously.

The germans got a dodgy red, missed a pen and lost, thats funny, apart from the fact it may send them in our direction in the first KO round.
                      I just think that when we rib the Germans it shows us as pathetic, we can't get over it.

As for your other comment I totally agree.

Comment

I think someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, but the thing that really annoys me about the coverage (on both channels) is the complete lack of research the pundits do.

In a match between two of the smaller nations, I want the pundits to tell me about a couple of the players, who to look out for, what kind of style should we expect. They could get some info from Google and Wikipedia in ten minutes, but all we get is:

"So... don't know much about these teams do we Alan?"

"Ha ha, nah, never heard of them Gary."

At least pretend to be doing a bit more to earn your licence payer funded month long trip to South Africa to watch football!

Comment

At least we don't have to put up with Robbie Earle on ITV anymore. Yay!

Comment

Earle is ok...

It's amazing though, so called pundits being completely ignorant like this. Even Mick McCarthy knows more!

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                              I just think that when we rib the Germans it shows us as pathetic, we can't get over it.

As for your other comment I totally agree.
                              Don't be such a cat licker. The Germans have knocked us out plenty, it's nice to see the BBC not being PC thugs for once.

Comment

They knock us out because we deserve it because we are ****.

That's no reason to hate them.

Comment

Working...
                                X