World Cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better match with a hint of rocky plucky underdog spirit

would like to see some of the spirit and desire to represent your county the Koreans had to tonight. Maybe don't cry but how about joining in with the anthem for a start, not as a queen supporting thing but just to rouse a bit of spirit

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
      Okay, Ivory Coast vs Portugal, surely this match has got to be at least half decent... right?
      Wrong

Comment

The only teams that will show national pride will be the Asian sides and the ones who are genuinely proud to be there.

You can see from the way these sides react that they are playing for their country and not themselves. Can you imagine SWP, Lennon and the other 'big' names showing that passion?

Comment

What are you talking about? Playing for your country is a right, not a privilege.

Loved the way the Korean guy pounced on the ball, and the first thing in his mind was to burst forward and attack the space, rather than the ponderous sideways-and-backwards passing and abject failure to run with the ball that has plagued this tournament.

Comment

I can see North Korea beating Sven's Ivory Coast to be honest.

Comment

The only bad thing about North Korea is they currently have rockets facing towards where I live and ready to go off at any moment if any sh!t hits the fan. Besides that they are cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                I can see North Korea beating Sven's Ivory Coast to be honest.
                I hope they do, I'd love to see them finish 2nd in the group but I doubt it will happen.

North Korea had a few good opportunities, but didn't have the quality to deliver. The potential is there though.

Comment

interesting view from guy who writes on South American footy on talksport now, he says Brasil are a counter attacking team and struggle big time when teams 'park the bus'

bearing in mind that Brasil only beat Korea by 1 goal if Portfugal and/or Ivory Coast shut up shop and get a draw with them the whole group could come down to who puts Korea away by the biggest margin.

its a very good point and one I hadn't really considered.

Comment

I'm torn...I'm thrilled when a ground is half empty as that means the f'in horn isn't so audible but then I feel bad because it means attendance is poor.

Comment

Originally posted by GMass View Post
                      I feel bad because it means attendance is poor.
                      My mate went over to South Africa to watch as many matches as he could. He's already come back home!

Comment

This is a pretty good game actually, Chile look a tidy side (albiet with some shocking finishing).

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                          My mate went over to South Africa to watch as many matches as he could. He's already come back home!
                          What did he have to say about it?
                          Because (if i had the chance) to go to a World Cup, I would definitely like to have made the most of the opportunity.

Comment

Spain will break the mould and light up the World Cup with their Olé Soccer

Comment

Hardly, Switzerland will just park the bus like they always do.

Comment

All the possession but no cutting edge. Senderos looked gutted to be going off injured.

Comment

Working...
                                X