Summer 2010 Transfer Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
    Sunderland have apparently bid for Titus Bramble.

ROFL!
    I don't know if I trust all these different indexes, but if you check out the Actim one Bramble has been Wigans best player the last two seasons.

There will be worse one million pound signings this window.

Comment

Originally posted by PH2 View Post
      I don't know if I trust all these different indexes, but if you check out the Actim one Bramble has been Wigans best player the last two seasons.

There will be worse one million pound signings this window.
      You will never convince me, he has always had potential but continues to make too many costly errors.

I like the fact that you're staying positive though unlike Prinny who right about now is probably writhing around in a pool of his own vomit gesticulating wildly about how unfair it all is etc.

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
        You will never convince me, he has always had potential but continues to make too many costly errors.

I like the fact that you're staying positive though unlike Prinny who right about now is probably writhing around in a pool of his own vomit gesticulating wildly about how unfair it all is etc.
        Just pointing out that poor old Bramble isn't quite as bad as what people think. He suffers from the same problem as David James, when they make an error it is usually of the comedy gold type and the error gets magnified.

As for the staying positive, I'm a Spurs fan, so I'll be laughing along with the rest of you the first time he gifts a goal to the opposition in Sunderland red and white.

Comment

Actually quite looking forward to this season now.

Comment

Grumble. *Gets comfortable in pool of chunder*

I hope I'm very wrong about Titus Shambles. I hope he's evolved into a competent squad player, who turns out to be a bargain.

But when your keeper gets skanked (Gordon), and your left back (McCartney), and your midfielder (Cattermole), and your captain goes (Cana), then I defy anyone to have their spirits lifted by this signing. Especially when the the line seemingly taken by sympathetic fans of other clubs is; Titus Bramble: He's Not as **** As You Think He Is.

All the big/ vaguely promising names Bruce has targetted have been all-but wazzed: Westermann, Gosling, Mensah, Ireland. Even Campbell would have been alright.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is that Charles Insomnia is meant to be discussing terms.

Comment

*Busts out violin*

Comment

Damn you..!

Comment

Charles Insomnia arrives!

I will stop soon Prinny...

I need to stay away from football related threads.

Comment

Dan Gosling has left Everton for Newcastle.

James Milner is set to leave Villa with City ready to make a bid.

Comment

If James Milner goes for more than ?30m then football is officially ****ed.

Comment

Realistically speaking only Man City would even consider it, in the real world he is a ?10million player.

Comment

James Milner is one of the brighest young English talents, he's worth a fortune.

We signed Marcus Alonso (left back) from Real Madrid today! Apparently there's a buy back clause for 3x the current value of the player (2.2M Euros). Supposed to be pretty good and a "future Spain third choice left back" HAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                            James Milner is one of the brighest young English talents, he's worth a fortune.
                            Sorry - he simply isn't a £25m-£30m player. He just isn't. Not even remotely close.

Even £10-15m is pushing it.

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man View Post
                            If James Milner goes for more than £30m then football is officially fúcked.
                            Is correct.
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 24-07-2010, 00:23.

Comment

While Milner is decent, he ain't worth that much. Like neil2k said, it's only that price for Man City. He ain't 5 million less of a player than David Villa

I'd rather have a "free" Joe Cole.

Comment

Free spending City have signed Aleksandar Kolarov for around £19m from Lazio. He played for Serbia in World Cup at left back.

Comment

Working...
                                X