No announcement yet.

Are you getting Sky Sports this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky Sports (HD) is pure evil, ruining football...but hell yeah, I'll be watching.

Comment

Nope
      I applaud SKY for what its done to football, but now its a killing football and Boxing and way over priced . I also resent that box office is used more and more for boxing (even for none Huge Pay per view American fights, where it could be expected)

Comment

Never had Sky Sports. With 2 Sky boxes at work, don't need it!

Comment

I move over from Sky to Virgin and use ESPN for sport viewing.

Do NFL matches only use SkySports 2 channel. Just checking as I will want it for Gridiron.

I spotted Channel 5 got HD Channel on Virgin + box. Will it have NFL in HD.

Comment

They reckon it's going to be ?31.99 a month for SS1 and 2 on top up TV. Still considering it as I rent and it's my only option.
            Last edited by NW2013; 23-07-2010, 18:59.

Comment

I heard at work that ESPN have NFL this season? Not too bothered about the prem this year but would like to watch the odd Liverpool game and all the American sports so i opted for the ESPN package, will be pissed if i was mis-informed though. Can't be bothered to pay all that to watch big Kev Cadle if Sky do have it unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Miyamoto_San View Post
                Unfortunately not everyone can get to games.
                A lot more could get to games before they were moved to Sunday at 4pm or Monday at 8pm to accomodate the TV cameras!

Comment

Telly makes away matches very hard to get to sometimes as well. I would have definitely gone to Stoke vs Spurs this season, but I couldn't buy the cheap advance train tickets just in case Sky picked the game for telly and moved it.

By the time the Sky / ESPN fixtures had been announced, and I knew it was safe and the match wouldn't be moved, the £18 return train tickets had gone and all that was left were £55 returns.

Comment

That's a good point about the fixtures changing for TV, Match of the Day was rubbish at times last season due to the main TV revenue clubs all playing on a bloody sunday or monday, very poor.

Comment

No. Upon moving to a new place last year I thought about Sky for the extra content, footie and my beloved Chicago Bears (NFL).

However last year I found GamePass HD (after having used the SD service before) from NFL.com and whilst watching Jay throw another interception was painful, at least it was in HD. For NFL this means way more games to choose from, Monday Night Football last season and archive games whenever you please. I managed to catch about 11/12 live (inc. 2 MNF) Bears games. Way more than I would have done on Sky (featured once all year).

Although a brilliant service, it has it's niggles, needs a good internet connection, playoff games can't be bought but the payoff is worth it. Visit the NFLUK forums for more info.

PS. ESPN has picked up Monday Night Football this season, Sky are still on their 3yr deal so 1 x 6pm and 1 x 9pm game (no more alt red button game as per last year). The MNF game isn't blacked out so available live on GamePass HD as well. Whereas the two Sky games are blacked out live. AFAIK Sunday Night games haven't been picked up, so far, after Channel 5 dumped NFL coverage last year (switched from MNF to SNF last season).
                      Last edited by Digfox; 23-07-2010, 21:48.

Comment

Upgrading to HD next week. Can't wait for next season.

Comment

I have to disagree with Skys coverage of football being terrible, I think its quite superb, you only need look at how poor the coverage of the WC was to get a very real comparison between what is good and bad.

Comment

Watching the world cup coverage did make me appreciate Sky a bit more. Although Andy Gray has a habbit of going into love fest mode or to slate a side every 10 seconds, their coverage as a whole is better.

When Sky first arrived they forced the BBC to step up their game, putting more camera, better presentation and more interesting show surrounding the games.

I will say though that Sky needs to get a bit more balance with the pundits. They should try more to get real passionate pundits for all sides (and on Soccer Saturday, don't put these pundits on their teams games). All too often you end up with die hard passionate pundits for one team and a more passive, even handed pundit for the other.

Comment

I've had Sky since 1992 and I've been agonising over whether to keep it this year. I love it more for the cricket coverage and the Spanish football which is the best football in the world. The Premiership leaves me cold. I go non-league these days, much more enjoyable. It's cheaper, you can have a pint, stand on the terraces and even talk to the players in the bar after the game. I'd strongly recommend it!

Comment

I hate the six hours of HYPE before a big game, which is 99% of the time is a terrible, terrible let down. So many players are jizzed over before the game, plonking them on pedestals, and invariably they'll be a poor disappointment. Just let the game speak for itself. They've got it all wrong. Have a half hour section before kick off on how **** the game will be, and highlight reel the worst bits of the 'star' players, then the only way is 'up' for the actual game.

Most Sky pundits are arseholes. Natch, most pundits are arseholes. Big team Charlies who bore the rest of us to tears.

Comment

Working...
                                X