Are you getting Sky Sports this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    I hate the six hours of HYPE before a big game, which is 99% of the time is a terrible, terrible let down. So many players are jizzed over before the game, plonking them on pedestals, and invariably they'll be a poor disappointment. Just let the game speak for itself. They've got it all wrong. Have a half hour section before kick off on how **** the game will be, and highlight reel the worst bits of the 'star' players, then the only way is 'up' for the actual game.

Most Sky pundits are arseholes. Natch, most pundits are arseholes. Big team Charlies who bore the rest of us to tears.
    I agree with all of this.

Richard Keys needs a good shoeing.... A particular "favourite" quote from him was made before the Man City v Tottenham game at the end of last Season. Basically the winner would be guaranteed Champions League qualification. He gave it the moniker "Cash Wednesday". FFS. That one statement sums up Sky Sports and the Premier League.

I must admit Andy Gray does know what he's talking about but he does drone on. I also like Souness. He cuts right across "Twitcher Jr" Jamie Redknapp when he starts sticking up for his mates. Souness' look of disdain is quite comical.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
      A lot more could get to games before they were moved to Sunday at 4pm or Monday at 8pm to accomodate the TV cameras!
      Tell me about it . Our 1st game has been moved for those pissing SKY camera 's, its bad enough when our Saturday games are moved for the ****ing Egg chasers.
      Don't SKY/BBC know people have work on a Monday . Yes I do like a good drink before and after the game (bang goes another Rest day)

Never Sunday Public transport is a complete bastard (in my area)

Comment

Souness has strictly, literally never said anything insightful or interesting about football.

Comment

They need to get Hasselbaink back for Soccer Saturday, he was so hopeless it was brilliant.

Stopped watching goals on Sunday, I know I whine a lot about negative Chelsea punditry but that's by far the worst place for it. Outside of that stuff they also talk a load of rubbish, lots of rose tinted spectacles talking about how awful things are today and how great they were in the past, particularly about England. Jimmy Hill is stuck 20+ years in the past in particular.

Comment

Jimmy Hill wasn't on it last season, Brian Woolnough is the main man now.

I have never really watched it myself, usually too busy on Sunday mornings playing myself. I also missed Saturday Sky matches and coverage due to playing that day too. So really, I dont get the best out of it. Maybe I need to cut down playing so much Football.

As I said in the Liverpool thread, if Konchesky signs for the club I will be cancelling my Sky Sports subscription. I cant put up with the club stooping that low, I'll go back to watching Math of the Day and be happy with that.

Comment

I once saw Konchesky play for a World XI team. Take from that what you will.

Comment

i dont have a sky dish and i can get bt vision as i have business broadband

so freeview sky sports 1 at ?21.99 with sp2 for ?31.99 is my only option :S

how much more is this than the xbox live deal?

Comment

erm, I think Sky's coverage is excellent to be honest, but I do go to matches too, of course theres nothing like actually being there!

Theres no denying prices for attending matches and Sky are going up but the popularity of the sport seems to go from strength to strength yearly.

Comment

Jimmy Hill?!?! What's that? A grass verge where people gan for a piss?

Comment

The Sky coverage is immense, I won't listen to any arguement to the contrary if I'm honest. I'll agree it's ruining football, but Gray seems to actually have some intelligence which counter-acts Jamie (****) Redknapp quite nicely.

Comment

I must be the only person in the world who actually doesn't mind Redknapp. But then, I'm a Liverpool fan whose '2nd team' is Spurs so his blatant bias towards those clubs probably explains it Andy Gray I have mixed feelings on. For me you can't beat him and Martin Tyler commentating on a big game, but the way he wanks himself over Man Utd and Arsenal can be cringeworthy at times.

Comment

I've actually been debating reducing my Sky package recently as at the moment it's almost ?60 a month which is quite a lot. I can't remember the last time I watched a movie and I've developed a growing apathy to football these last few years, nearly all the 'big' matches turn out to be a disappointment and the diving/trying to get people booked culture that has grown around the modern game disgusts me.

I can honestly say I enjoy watching Strarcraft 2 replays more than I do football now. Ditching Sports and Movies and a few others should save me around ?25 a month and with some smart shopping that's basically an extra video game every month.

It's also typical that I can upgrade my package with a few mouse clicks but to down grade I'll have to call them up

Comment

If it's a match I want to watch, I go watch it in the pub anyway.

Comment

I don't like going to the pub by myself to watch games unfortunately. I reckon there'll only be a few Spurs games on Sky per season too. At least there is free CL this year.

Are the matches always on SS1? I know they usually are on a Sunday. Just thinking about the Freeview thing.

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                                Are the matches always on SS1? I know they usually are on a Sunday. Just thinking about the Freeview thing.
                                Course not, otherwise it'd represent good value for money. This is price-hike-every-year Sky we're talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X