No announcement yet.

Champions League 2010/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching the Bayern v Atletico Europa League game on ITV4 at the moment, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was called off at half time. It's chucking it down with snow and they've had to change to the orange ball now...

Comment

Hurrah! Let the half an hour of pointless pre-draw rambling commence! I wish they'd do things like this a bit quicker.

Comment

Going back to Milan for Spurs!

Comment

Copenhagen for Chelsea, they've gotta be happy with that one!

Barca vs the Gooners again, not quite so happy

Comment

fix, Wenger was right, we're doomed.

Comment

Great draw for Chelsea. If we can't get past them, we don't deserve to be in the competition.

in b4 drogba gets a 3 match ban for sneezing and Chelsea get denied 10 penalty shouts.

Comment

Roma vs Shakhtar
                Milan vs Spurs
                Valencia vs Schalke
                Inter vs Munich
                Lyon vs Madrid
                Arsenal vs Barca
                Marseilles vs Man Utd
                Copenhagen vs Chelsea

I'm half happy with Milan. It's a stadium we've already been to, which is a minus, but on the plus side it was the most glamorous opponent we could get.

Comment

Arsenal LOL

Still, they had one of the easiest groups possible and messed it up massively only finishing as runners up so only themselves to blame.

Chelsea and United must be more than happy with their draws. Feel a little sorry for Spurs. They got a really hard group and topped it and probably got one of the hardest draws they could this time again. Still, their performance in the competition so far has been impressive and still think they will progress.

Comment

Marseilles v Utd, happy with that. Should be an easy United win.

Comment

I remember a couple of Arsenal players saying they wanted Barca in the next round. They've got their wish it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                        Feel a little sorry for Spurs. They got a really hard group and topped it and probably got one of the hardest draws they could this time again. Still, their performance in the competition so far has been impressive and still think they will progress.
                        I thought we'd probably get them after everyone went on about how important it was that Spurs topped the group so they could avoid the biggest sides

Hopefully our previous San Siro experience will help us, plus having the second leg at home could be vital. Best Milan side for two or three years though, so it's going to be very tough, but we have a chance.

Might have to go to Milan for the first leg, sod the expense. Apparently it was fairly easy to get tickets in the neutral section for the Inter match, although it might be harder now it's a knock-out round.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
                          I remember a couple of Arsenal players saying they wanted Barca in the next round. They've got their wish it seems.
                          I put those quotes on a par with David Haye gobbing off about wanting to fight the Kitchsko's then choosing Audley Harrison as his next opponent.

Still its what the CL all about, no disgrace if you go out to Barca, its not exactly a 'banana skin' draw for us.

If the Barca who destroyed Madrid recently turn up we done for but a long way til these ties played so a lot can change.

Comment

Oh aye. You can bet the Spanish press will start up those "Fabregas to join Barca" stories again as the tie draws near.

Madrid have got a nice draw, no doubt they'll be looking for a bit of afters for what happened last time lol.
                            Last edited by Kongster; 17-12-2010, 11:02.

Comment

Milan isn't a bad draw for the Spurs. Milan are old, static and slow while the Spurs look like a fast and agile team with the likes of Bale, Defoe and VdV. Milan might win with a minimal difference at home, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lose 2 or 3-0 in London. Milan are doing great in the Serie A, but they shocked me in European games so far. Even a struggling Ajax obliterated them.

Barcelona is simply put the best team in the world at this moment. They are incredible this year, and an opponent who likes to play ball such as Arsenal suits them on top of that too. I wonder if Wenger has some tricks up his sleeve.

Comment

Lyon @ 4.6 to beat Madrid at home on betfair, make Madrid favourites but not by that much, they're odds on.

Will be watching this one tonight as reckon it's a better game than Chelsea Copenhagen.

Comment

Working...
                                X