• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
    Bendtner...... LOL

The striker for the big occasion.......

Comment

Originally posted by fatbatch View Post
      Arsenal were wasting time within the first quarter of an hour, hoping for 0-0, doing exactly what they condemn "lesser teams" for at the Emirates. They weren't unlucky, they were outclassed.
      Teams who have fans that often complain about "cloggers" parking the bus, sitting back, and not trying to play football against them suddenly don't see it as so much of a crime when they try and do the same thing against the likes of Barca.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
        Looks like UEFA are charging Wenger and Nasri for their comments about the referee's decision in last nights game.

I understand the need to protect the integrity of the referees and their decisions. On the other hand, players are expected to perform, managers are expected to perform, you could argue that referees should be expected to perform too.
        You could also argue though that If a player didnt perform during a game then Wenger probabaly wouldnt take any action against that player. In fact he probabaly wouldnt even consider droping the player, for instance Arshavin has played more games than any other Arsenal Player this year despite being generaly crap.

Id respect him alot more if he just came out and said "yeah things went against us but we were crap anyway so Barcelona deserved to win." I'm a firm beliver that his attitude of "my players can do no wrong" is a big reason why they havent won a trophy for so long. They are an overconfident bunch, and thats not helpful.
        Last edited by rmoxon; 09-03-2011, 13:58.

Comment

Id respect him alot more if he just came out and said "yeah things went against us but we were crap anyway so Barcelona deserved to win.
          Which is why people like Peter Reid and the like need to be in the game. I used to love him in interviews telling it as it was. Not enough of that happening in football nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroRevival View Post
            Which is why people like Peter Reid and the like need to be in the game. I used to love him in interviews telling it as it was. Not enough of that happening in football nowadays.
            all well and good being honest but its not an excuse for being crap, and Peter Reid is a crap manager.

looking forward to Spuds tonight, they've been full value in the CL this year and I think they've got too much for AC (who were in Canary Wharf Virgin Active today and according to my mate are a bunch of dwarves apart from Ibra).

am fully expecting though that they'll make hard work of it and qualify but not after a few scares and twists along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
              all well and good being honest but its not an excuse for being crap, and Peter Reid is a crap manager.
              How dare you. He had us playing great quality football.

Back in 1998.

Comment

Can't wait for the Spurs game either. I totally forgot it was on as I am still seething from last night.

I am so glad I don't support a team after that.

Comment

I'm surprised you're seething over a decision against a team you don't support.

Spurs should be good entertainment tonight, I agree. I think in general terms Italian teams cant live with the pace and power of English teams. Serie A has fallen behind the English, Spanish and German leagues by some way, I believe.

I do like Milan though, so I'll be slightly favouring them tonight.

Comment

Well Adrock I just love football as a whole. While I never thought Arsenal deserved to win last night, they deserved a fair crack of the whip and once again a major decision goes for Barcelona.

Not that I don't like Barca either. As a footballing team they are amazing to watch at times. They don't need the help that sometimes they appear to get. Also spanish football has play acting of the highest order. I just think the entire game needs a good kick up the arse.

Comment

Gomes ... what a tosser. Two mistakes already.

Haven't rated Spuz gameplan at all. HUMP the ball to Crouch, lose it. HUMP it up again and watch the centre half tumble next to Crouch, drawing a 'foul'.
                      Last edited by prinnysquad; 09-03-2011, 19:18.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                        Bet he won't go off with a hang nail like our lightweight last night, you leave the pitch on the final whistle, a stretcher or when subbed at the nou camp, you don't wave at the bench and demand to come off.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post

Haven't rated Spuz gameplan at all. HUMP the ball to Crouch, lose it. HUMP it up again and watch the centre half tumble next to Crouch, drawing a 'foul'.
                          Of course overlooking the times when we haven't done that...

Comment

...well, I suppose you can't stick to the gameplan all the time. Not overlooking anything - just the general tone of the half. A pretty poor performance so far, there's no other way to dress it up.
                            Last edited by prinnysquad; 09-03-2011, 19:43.

Comment

Oh dear, Crouch should've buried that.

Comment

This Sandro lad is having a canny game.

Comment

Working...
                                X