No announcement yet.

Premier League 2010/11 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr Wheeler and Dealer is moaning about Man City having an 'advantage' by having their the game scheduled for the FA Cup final move back a few days.

Yeah it's a huge advantage over Spurs having to have a game that could decide which European competition they'll be playing in, just a few days after a major cup final...

Comment

The reason Redknapp was asking about the scheduling is because should Man City win the cup final, Stoke will get a place in the Europa League if Man City make the top 4, thus it would be to Stoke's advantage to lose to Man City in the league match as it would help Stoke get into Europe. How motivated will Stoke be to try their hardest knowing that winning could potentially cost them a place in Europe?

Personally I don't think Redknapp should have brought it up though. The fixtures fall where they will and it's luck of the draw if you get a situation where the date of a certain match might be to your advantage. I doubt he'd ask for the match to be moved if Spurs were in Man City's position (although all managers are hypocrites who will only complain / not complain if they can get an advantage for their own team).

Hopefully it will be a moot point anyway if Stoke can win the cup
      Last edited by EJG1980; 19-04-2011, 14:50.

Comment

And if Spurs can win all their remaining games ...

Comment

Well technically it's "and if Spurs can win their game in hand and then take one more point from all their remaining games than Man City do from their games."

And that's assuming that Spurs and Man City don't both balls it up so badly that Liverpool catch up and sneak fourth spot.

Comment

Man U are looking vulnerable tonight, Newcastle are the same old gung ho team so could ship a goal at any second though.

The midfield of Carrick and Anderson has been poor so far too. Its just a shame the Newcastle strike force amounts to 12 goals in about 50 appearances. There has to be goals in this game, surely.

Comment

Penalty decisions balanced themselves out , If Hernandez hadn't lept up into the air and looked up at the ref with puppy dog eyes he would've got the decision.

Shameful dive in the first half by Nani too. But then, that's the kind of person he is.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                Penalty decisions balanced themselves out , If Hernandez hadn't lept up into the air and looked up at the ref with puppy dog eyes he would've got the decision.

Shameful dive in the first half by Nani too. But then, that's the kind of person he is.
                Dont often agree with you Smurfy but i do agree with your comment about Nani,fook me i wanted to shoot the C**t tonight cos he was constantly diving around like dog with flees and he was ****e from the off the numpty!!

Comment

Although he's benefitted far, far too often from that side of his game, he does occasionally make a very public fool of himself.

If he hadn't tried to steal it, it would've been a stunning goal

Comment

Big night tonight for t'title race. Chelsea will win to go above the Arse and six points behind United, Torres will, astonishingly, score twice.

Arsenal will drop points, because they've forgotten how not to.

Comment

I despise Nani with a passion.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        I despise Nani with a passion.
                        Im getting thre meself with Nani hes a proper Plonker most times lol.

Comment

Love watching Spurs V Arsenal have to admit there derby games are never ever boring lol,and course il be rooting for Spurs because of the obvious situation at the top with Man U but i realy do love watching these games more than most..

Comment

Originally posted by glazza View Post
                            Im getting thre meself with Nani hes a proper Plonker most times lol.
                            I just don't understand him. He is so close to being fantastic but then he starts ball hogging and diving all over the place.

Comment

What a bloody derby!

Comment

In recent years I think this has been the best derby in terms of quality of match in the league

2-1 up with 75m to go, just watch our rock like defence shut the game out !

Comment

Working...
                                X