January 2011 Transfer Window Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
    The Luiz saga keeps on. Benefica are now saying negotiations are falling down.
    Benfica issued a statement on the Portuguese stock exchange saying negotiations had been called off completely. Although that could of course be a negotiating tactic in itself

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
    If Torres wants to leave, then let him go. There is no use in trying to convince a player who regularly gets his head turned by other clubs. The money would allow Liverpool to buy a couple of very good players if they get around £40-45mil.
    If his head has been turned then I agree, you really need to let him go. The way the Berbatov deal dragged on when he wanted to leave Spurs to sign for Man Utd did us no favours at the start of that season.

Comment

Keen to west ham on loan from spurs confirmed, are the hammers another of his boyhood teams ?

Comment

He'd spend hours as a boy in Dublin practicing his bubble blowing technique.

Comment

I was watching the Spanish football last night and according to Guillem Balague Spurs have made bids for:

Negredo of Sevilla, Llorente of Bilbao, Rossi of Villarreal and Aguero of Ath Madrid!

Didn't mention prices for the first two but apparently ours bid for Aguero was €37.5 million! The Rossi bid was €30 million. All of the bids were rejected of course but we were supposedly told that an extra €5 million would get us Rossi.

Of all those I think Aguero would be the best signing for the sheer "Spurs signed who? You're joking!" factor Plus he's the kind of skillful fantasy player we'd appreciate down at The Lane.

If I had the choice though I'd want someone who can play up front on his own just ahead of VdV, be strong, hold up the ball, and score his fair share of goals. That'd have to be Llorente. Wouldn't say no to Rossi though, I think he's a great player.

Taking it with a bucket of salt though, if we signed any of them for that kind of money I'd be shocked.

Comment

Makes it clear why they made up the Chelsea bid for him now, trying to push up the price.

Comment

If we signed Aguero I would forgive that awful performance yesterday. Not going to happen though!

Cant see us doing much business today, although it would be brilliant if we could get in a big name striker. As already mentioned, we probably need someone with a bit of presence who can act as a talisman for the team, holding the ball up to bring others in but also having the ability to score goals themselves (potentially out of nothing). As is always the way though, good strikers are particularly difficult to come by/extremely expensive, and I cant realistically see us nailing it on the final day of the window.

I live in hope though and will obviously be glued to the sports websites all day in hope of a VdV style deal coming off at the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                Makes it clear why they made up the Chelsea bid for him now, trying to push up the price.
                Wouldn't be surprised if all of the Spurs "bids" for these players haven't just been plucked out of the ether.

A lot of the big signings we've made in recent years I didn't hear a word about in the media until we'd actually done the deal. Not a sniff about Berbatov or VdV in the papers as I remember, the first I knew about their signings was when they club announced they had signed!

Still, some fools will be glued to Sky Sports News and such like being spoon fed drivel like the sheep that they are...

Originally posted by Marmite View Post
                I live in hope though and will obviously be glued to the sports websites all day in hope of a VdV style deal coming off at the last minute.
                I've got Sky Sports News running via Slingbox in a small window at the corner of my screen! Just praying that some kind of insane Spurs transfer flashes across the yellow ticker at the bottom of the srceen!

Mmmm, yum yum, baaaa, baaaa

Comment

Deadline day is pretty much the only day I miss SSN not being on Freeview anymore, now that I've started listening to five live on Saturday afternoons.

Comment

SSN really is fun. They way they treat everything like an Earth shattering event, the little spinning globe in the corner of the screen counting down the time (to the second!) to the end of the transfer window, the reporters getting their mates to text them when they're live on air so they can pretend they're getting info direct from a football big shot.

It's great, in a ****ty kind of way

Comment

If Pompey don't get 3 permanent signings in today this season will go to total waste, it's pretty much over anyway but we're not giving ourselves a chance.

Comment

Middlesbrough have signed defender Maximilian Haas from Bayern Munich II on a one-and-a-half year deal.

Sounds like the Red Baron

Comment

I don't get Internet until tomorrow. Today is no fun without the BBC live text feed

Comment

BBC reporting Liverpool make ?30 million bid for Andy Carroll.

Comment

Insane price based on just a few months of form.

*edit*

Sturridge seems off to Bolton. That's pretty disappointing, pretty much limits Chelsea's youth prospects to McCaechron.

*edit*

It's a loan.

Chelsea must be really sure of getting Torres then because it leaves us with no cover up front.
                              Last edited by abigsmurf; 31-01-2011, 10:18.

Comment

Wow, six million more than a much more proven Darren Bent. Of course it all depends on how well he does; if he bangs in 25-30 a season nobody will care about the price but it's a hell of a risk. IF it's actually true and IF Newcastle accept, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X