No announcement yet.

January 2011 Transfer Window Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forest have taken Konchesky from Liverpool on loan. That'll cheer you Pool lot up I'm sure. Shades of last season where we also took a left sided defender on loan for the run-in (Shorey).

Comment

Would seem Torres is on his way to the Bridge via helicoptor so looks like it will realy happen then this deal if that is true of course which still does astound me lol,but hey this is football where there is no loyalty from players at all these days no matter who they are and what they say when they arrive.

Comment

The chopper bit is nonsense, but he is deffo off.

Fee for Carroll agreed...apparently. ?35m.

Comment

So basically Torres out, Carroll in, and £15 million left over? Liverpool, you've been mugged.

Comment

If true I would say it is comfortably the most over-priced transfer in the history of European football.

Comment

Carroll's not even fit... might not play for the rest of the season.

Comment

£35 million would slightly beat the fee Barcelona paid to Valencia for David Villa. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man View Post
                  Fee for Carroll agreed...apparently. ?35m.
                  Wow!! That is some wedge. Apparently (depending on who you believe) Spurs had a bid turned down of around ?23 million over the weekend. Personally I thought that was too much.

Comment

It would make him the 8th most expensive player of all time. Madness.

Edit: Blackburn Rovers (the whole thing) was sold for £35m.

Comment

Hmm, Liverpool should just have signed Blackburn then. Imagine the squad depth you'd have!

Surely with transfer fees like this flying about English football is heading for a nasty crash sooner or later?

Comment

Having said all that, it'll be interesting if it does happen.
                        Carroll and Suarez is the most mental (-ly unstable?) forward line ever, they are both bonkers.

Comment

It would definitely be fun to watch. Hopefully neither of them will mature and knuckle down, that'd be dull

If they produce the goods though, the fee will be forgotten in an instant.

I hope it goes through. At the moment I'm still slightly worried about Spurs coming in with a last minute £40 million offer. It's the kind of thing we'd do.

Comment

MInd you if torres plays for chelsea like he has when ive seen him this seasin for liverpool then its good buisness by liverpool but if carrol is worth 35M how much is messi or Ronaldo in todays market. carrol is average at best.

Comment

Newcastle must have the world's best transfer negotiators.

£35mill for a barely proven, injured player who has serious off pitch issues.

Comment

Funny thing is Torres has scored 9 league goals when he's meant to have been in terrible form and having a horrible season. Carroll has 11 league goals and is having an amazing "Get him in the England team, he will lead us to glory!!!!" super season. I know it's a crude comparison, but still.

Comment

Working...
                                X