No announcement yet.

Fantasy Football 2011/2012 - Enter now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figured I'd need my first wildcard once the transfer window and international break were all done and dusted. But as it happens I don't think I need to make any major changes.

Comment

Reckon I'm having a pretty decent week at the moment. Saying that, it's decent because of obvious choices (Rooney, Aguero) so it could be that everyone has a decent week!

Comment

Not a bad week for me (Gutierrez could still give me a few more vital points too) but these Manchester goal fests are kinda spoiling things at the moment. Rewarding people who've just put 3-4 expensive strikers up front and filled the rest of the positions with cheap players.

Still, things will calm down and the more balanced teams should start doing better.

Comment

That should always be the strategy really, though. Goalscoring defenders are rare, and even your best defender could only expect 70-80 points or so from clean sheets so it's not worth spending too much money unless it's on Baines. Goal scoring midfielders/strikers and assists and all that stuff is where the points are at. I play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 just to have as few defenders as possible.

Comment

You should spend cheap but not too cheap. A clean sheet is 6 points, but a rubbish defender may not play and be a 0 or may be awful, let in lots of goals and end up with a negative.

With a striker, even an expensive one should be expected to score every other game with two assists every 3 games. Spoils the fun a bit if the table becomes a two tier "those who have 4-5 Manchester big names up front and those who don't" . But meh, as I said, it'll quieten down a bit once teams sort out their defences a bit and properly learn how to play better against the new makeups of teams.

Comment

As dominant as the Manchester strikers are now, Man City have about 200 strikers so even though Aguero got a hat trick he could still be dropped for next game, see Dzeko. And Rooney is partial to dips in form so he's still something of a risk.

It takes a lot of goals for a defender to go negative, five or more (or a few combined with a booking). Cheap defenders like maybe Newcastle or Stoke or Wolves etc will still get you maybe around ten clean sheets. When they're half the price of Ashley Cole/Leighton Baines it's a decent trade-off considering how much more you'll have to spend going forward.

Comment

Smurfy you are SO competitive mate

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
                  Smurfy you are SO competitive mate
                  Pfft, I'm twice as competative as you are and I'll prove it!

*hands neil2k some running shoes*

A half marathon ought to show who's the more competative!

Comment

Up a couple of places for me, this week! I am coming for you, Big Four.

Comment

Likewise

Comment

Still fifth this week, but pulled away from the teams below me, and reduced the gap between me and first place! Excellent management decision in replacing Rooney with Aguero as my captain

Comment

Bet noone had Berbatov in for the Boxing day gameweek did they? Hehe...

Comment

Because I'm feeling charitable:

There are two gameweeks in quick succession this weekend. The first covers the games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The second covers the games on Monday and Tuesday.

The second ALSO contains the catchup game between Tottenham and Everton that was postponed at the start of the season cause of the riots, so that means Spurs and Everton players can score for two games in that one. (Yes, you should probably all make Gareth Bale your captain for that one... assuming Harry plays him in both games...)

Comment

Van Persie as captain this weekend was the real deal.

Comment

Are we starting this up again for this season?

Comment

Working...
                                X