No announcement yet.

Champions League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You must watch pretty ****e football if that was enjoyable ShadowDancer.

Comment

Originally posted by bwi View Post
      even i thought i t was nice to see lampard/terry/drogba and even cole to pick up the trophy
      You're SO on your own there. Lampard went down in my estimation considerably with his very public undermining of AVB. Terry & Cole are proven scum. On top of that, I'm a Liverpool fan, so the less said about Torres & Meireles, the better.

Drogba could be the exception, but all I can think of is his endless theatrics against Barca.

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
      What a waste of 3 hours of my life, total **** game and park the bus Chelsea must be the worse winners EVER.
      Is correct.
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 19-05-2012, 22:36.

Comment

Jeez that was like watching Greece in Euro 2004. I felt absolutely sick to the core at Bastian's miss but even if I wasn't a Spurs fan I'd still be twisted with venom at the sight of John Terry, Ashley Cole and co lifting the Champions League. There's some truly loathsome people amongst that squad. Thankfully I had Max Payne 3 at hand so didn't see it. I know Arsenal fans who didn't even want Chelsea to win tonight, though admittedly they'll console themselves with our Europa League qualification. Some 55 minutes later, I'm feeling a little more serene - well deflated more like. What are the stages of mourning?!?

Comment

No way Chelsea deserved that tonight, what pissed me off most was the commentators saying it was fate and talking like they had won already in the first half of et.

Bayern should have won it imo, but to be fair they were not clinical enough in front of goal and Gomez had a total shocker. At times I forgot he was playing, he was never where he was supposed to be and he only had one shot on goal the entire time.

Watching the game tonight reminded me of Glasgow Rangers in the Europa League final a couple of years ago, for the full competition they had 10 men behind the ball and tried to counter, very boring and not good football.

I really feel for Robben, if he had put that penalty away then who know they might have won, losing on penalties is never nice and I still think there should be an alternative to penalties to decide a winnner in such a major comp like the ECL and after playing 120 mins football.
          Last edited by Robster; 19-05-2012, 22:51.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
            You must watch pretty ****e football if that was enjoyable ShadowDancer.
            Bayern played some 1st class stuff, some cracking attacking football - I enjoyed that.

Comment

For starters penaltys are no way to win/lose a big trophy....second, wasnt that stoke playing again tonight?

NOT a good advert for english football.

Comment

Pleased for Di Matteo as he is a nice guy but **** the rest of them and it sure was ugly

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                  Bayern played some 1st class stuff, some cracking attacking football - I enjoyed that.
                  They was good, but as others have said no good enough in front of goal, give me old Man Utd with pace,power and finesse.

Comment

They were amazing, Teddy days. As much as I don't support them, it was nice to see them flow when they attacked.

Bayern were dreadfully unlucky, had I not been a neutral, I'd of been going crazy as a Bayern fan, or, a Spurs fan.

Lampard is a cock.

Comment

Chelsea didn't wake up until the 88th minute. Bayern Munich dominated the match up until that point, because Chelsea obviously weren't feeling very positive. It all seemed very negative and dull. Then Drogba actually got a chance to score.. and he did. Either team could have finished it in extra time.

Bayern had the home advantage, and seeing that Chelsea weren't looking too good, should have won the match in normal time. As much as Bayern had plenty of chances, they fluffed most of them.

Drogba scored a good goal. Cech was awesome. Cole showed how great a player he is. I think the team rode their luck.. but ultimately deserved the win. Of course it looked like Bayern were going to win, but Chelsea managed to achieve their dream. Neutrals may have found it a boring match, but of course, for Chelsea fans.. it was a glorious night. I will forget the first 83 minutes, and remember how thrilling it was after that.

It wasn't a great display of football, but winning was a dream come true for Chelsea. I'm glad that Lampard & Drogba have achieved this at last.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                        Chelsea didn't wake up until the 88th minute. Bayern Munich dominated the match up until that point, because Chelsea obviously weren't feeling very positive. It all seemed very negative and dull. Then Drogba actually got a chance to score.. and he did. Either team could have finished it in extra time.

Bayern had the home advantage, and seeing that Chelsea weren't looking too good, should have won the match in normal time. As much as Bayern had plenty of chances, they fluffed most of them.

Drogba scored a good goal. Cech was awesome. Cole showed how great a player he is. I think the team rode their luck.. but ultimately deserved the win. Of course it looked like Bayern were going to win, but Chelsea managed to achieve their dream. Neutrals may have found it a boring match, but of course, for Chelsea fans.. it was a glorious night. I will forget the first 83 minutes, and remember how thrilling it was after that.

It wasn't a great display of football, but winning was a dream come true for Chelsea. I'm glad that Lampard & Drogba have achieved this at last.
                        In no way, shape, or form does that standard of performance deserve the win. Sorry no way.

The only positives you can throw at them come from doing well as an 8 man defensive unit.

Bayern should not have taken off muller period(that olic pass which set up the far post tap in chance will haunt the manager forever), but were still far more deserving than that dull, unambitious, ugly drivel i watched for all but maybe 5 minutes of the game.

I was totally embarrassed...and its not like i hold any ill feeling towards chelsea beyond terry/cole. But i just think it was a **** undeserving display of anti football. Let me ever hear a chelsea fan take the piss out of stoke for their style of play ever again, in fact stoke attack more than that even against the top prem league sides.

I remember liverpool knocking chelsea out of the champions league in a similar fashion, possibly the year liverpool won it, and when mourinho was still managing them....i also remember his comments after regarding liverpools play. Funny thing irony.

Feel sorry for spurs fans, and even more sorry for bayern.
                        Last edited by PaTaito; 20-05-2012, 08:54.

Comment

Jesus were a happy bunch on here. Who cares if it wasn't a great performance, not one chelsea fan that's for sure.
                          They did what they had to do to win, if barca and Munich can't break them down then tough on them!! It's not just about scoring goals, it's about defense too.
                          Well done chelsea

Comment

Chelsea had a strategy and that strategy kept them from losing. No it wasn't pretty but if bayern can't finish off properly then that's their problem. The bayern goalie was a bit cocky too so I'm glad the Chelsea keeper stopped more than he did. Very exciting footy at the end (as penalties often are).

Comment

Shocked Bayern lost that. So many chances, but they seemed to take a touch too many every time.

Comment

Originally posted by stevie vip 99 View Post
                                Jesus were a happy bunch on here. Who cares if it wasn't a great performance, not one chelsea fan that's for sure.
                                They did what they had to do to win, if barca and Munich can't break them down then tough on them!! It's not just about scoring goals, it's about defense too.
                                Well done chelsea
                                Indeed, congratulations to Chelsea for beating Munich in their own back yard. On penalties too - unbelievable scenes. Hopefully the likes of Cole, Lampard and Cahill can replicate their success in the European Championships this Summer.

Speaking of Cahill, I remember when he was an 18 year old on loan at Burnley a number of years ago. It was obvious then he was destined for the top, so I am particulary pleased for him right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X