No announcement yet.

Champions League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought Chelsea did well, my tip for CL glory, Ramires is the MVP that guy may not be silky but he can run all night back to front which is what you need against skill bullies like Barcelona.

Talking of which, I just don't like them. I can admire the ability to keep possession, and Messi is good no doubt, but for me it's boring, I like centre forwards and proper wingers. Give me the Man Utd squad of 1999 any day.

Comment

Surprised we didn't see Torres make an appearance. Thought Drogba deserved a yellow for all the diving and time wasting he did.

Messi was fun to watch - the way he turns and runs at defenders making them think the ball is theirs when it isn't.

Hope Chelsea can hang on in the second leg, but as one of the commentators rightly said, it's going to be a completely different game playing at the nou camp.

Comment

Its Barca that made United play like **** by constantly being a step ahead and destroying them with a solid passing game. All United could do was run in order to get that ball back. That takes lots and lots of stamina. Fergie himself said that was the best opponent he's ever faced.

But anyway, Barcelona lost the title against Real. That must've hurt them. Some are already saying its going to be the end of their era. Who knows Chelsea meets them at the right time and circumstances now. One goal and Barca need to score 3.

Comment

Just wow. Epic Stuff from Chelsea.

Comment

Un-be-bloody-lievable.

Not a Chelsea fan but I really hope they can win the CL after that.

Comment

Heroic. What a performance. Abramovich needs to give Di Matteo the job now.

Comment

Cannot believe that just happened.

I gave Chelsea no chance before the match when they were 1-0 up on aggregate.

I gave them no chance when Busquets scored.

I gave them no chance when Terry got sent off (what a tool btw).

I expected a rugby score when Iniesta scored.

And I assumed they were delaying the inevitable when Ramires showed a touch of class with an amazing finish for his goal.

To be honest, I wasn't entirely convinced they were through when Torres had the ball in front of an open net, but that's more to do with his form over the past couple of years.

Overall an amazing performance from Chelsea. Do they actually have any players left for the final though? Of all the players banned, it's Ramires I actually feel sorry for. It was his goal that has basically got Chelsea through this match. He gave them something to hold onto for the second half.

Still hope they got nailed good and proper by Bayern Munich or Real Madrid in the final like.
                Last edited by C'; 24-04-2012, 21:16.

Comment

Certainly not a Chelsea fan but Smurfy where ever you are mate your boys have done one hell of a number on Barca for you and fully deserve to be in the final even with a lot of players missing through suspension.

Epic from Chelsea simply Epic!!

Good luck to Chelsea in the final.

Comment

Oh and Geoff Shreeves was a ****ing tool for his interview with Ivanovic at the end. Really unnecessary.

Comment

That was one of the most amazing sporting events I have ever witnessed. I don't even like Chelsea much but they were immense. Terry aside, what a team performance.

Comment

Can't quite believe they managed that looks like yet will be robbing Newcastle or spurs of that 4th CL place by default. @?&@!?

Comment

Again, not a Chelsea fan, but cracking stuff. Played for 60 minutes with 10 men. Messi messed, and Torres scored. What a game.

Torn by the Terry thing. Obviously a bit of a tit for doing what he did - why would you lift you leg up like that? But I don't think he did it expecting the consequences. Given he is likely to be part of this summer's Chelsea purge, I can't help but feel sorry for him. I'm not convinced a common sense referee like Howard Webb would have given a red. The actual punishment is more than a red and a game missed.

Comment

Terry you idiot. Your mums a thief, your dads a drug dealer, you shagged your team mates girl but worst of all . . . . . . You let your team mates down by getting sent off for no bloody good reason! Glad you're not in the final, you missed a pen last time anyway and you wont be able to make up for it hahahahahahahaha. I hope you get injured before the end of the season so you cant go to the Euros either. Spaz.

That Ramires was quality, we'll be seeing quite a few times again when it comes to CL moments.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                              That Ramires was quality, we'll be seeing quite a few times again when it comes to CL moments.
                              Indeed, he must have balls of steel to finish that calmly.

Comment

By the way how funny was Gary Neville's reaction to the Torres goal?

Comment

Working...
                                X