No announcement yet.

Champions League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just broke on BBC Sport that Zlatan Ibrahimovic will be available for the first leg of PSG's quarter-final against Barcelona as UEFA have halved his two-match ban.

Comment

Doesn't matter as he won't ever show it against the big clubs. PSG defense are being humiliated with that pass here.

But those jerseys... awful! + the Dani Alves haircut.
      Last edited by saturn-gamer; 02-04-2013, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
        Doesn't matter as he won't ever show it against the big clubs. PSG defense are being humiliated with that pass here.
        Dani Alves took the complete and utter p1ss with that pass. What. A. Ball.

Messi unlikely to appear for the 2nd half with a tweaked hamstring, though. Massive 2nd half for PSG coming up.

Comment

Cracking game, Barca obviously still have the advantage...
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

They look somewhat clueless without Messi though. Its as if they have no other goal scoring players. Fabregas is usually playing like ****, and Sanchez is even worse. They are trying to get Messi ready for the return, but I wonder if it won't be too soon.

The problem with Barcelona is that its extremely difficult to replace someone. Their style of play demands a lot. Even a Fabregas who comes from their youth academy has problems to adapt there because he played abroad for a lot of years.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
              They look somewhat clueless without Messi though. Its as if they have no other goal scoring players. Fabregas is usually playing like ****, and Sanchez is even worse. They are trying to get Messi ready for the return, but I wonder if it won't be too soon.
              Pedro's goalscoring touch seems to have deserted him these days, too.

Just underlines how bad their buying in the transfer market has been over the years. To go from having forwad options like Eto'o, Henry, Ronaldinho (before he totally lost his discipline) and Villa (who can't even get a game these days, it seems) to being totally dependant on Messi for goals is shocking. Youngsters like Cuenca and Tello are obviously talented but raw and will need time to make the grade (if they can).

PSG have nothing to lose in the 2nd leg - any win at all will put them through. Tempted to have a punt on them.

Comment

Cat amongst the pigeons, Malaga are 1-0 up against Dortmund! It was the best thing for the match, Dortmund need two and will have to really go for it now.

Fantastic equaliser from Dortmund. They're taking charge, expect them to go on and win it... Another for Malaga would spice things up again!

Really finely poised this, 15 minutes left, both keepers have made some good saves. Can't call which way this one will go. Enjoyable match.

Wow, 2-1 to Malaga! Dortmund up against it now, need two in eight minutes. The bloke who put the ball in the net was slightly offside though...

3-2 to Dortmund with two goals in injury time! What a finish to this match!
                Last edited by EJG1980; 09-04-2013, 20:37.

Comment

2 offside goals in that match. But I think, if the guy didn't touch the ball, Baptista would've hit the post.

Galatasaray was crazy too. Those goals were AWESOME! Eboue's screamer, Sneijders brilliant move and then Drogba's sort of back heel.
                  Last edited by saturn-gamer; 09-04-2013, 21:11.

Comment

I didn't notice the Dortmund goal was offside when it happened, too busy being astonished at how quickly the match had turned! I saw the goals from Gala vs Madrid afterwards, fantastic goals. Whatever match you chose last night you got a good one.

Couldn't decide what to watch tonight, went for Barca vs PSG at random in the end. Hopefully it's as good as last night.

Brilliant goal by Pastore for PSG, well deserved too. Very interesting now!

Pedro, 1-1. Have to say I'd like to see PSG go through just for a bit of difference in the final four, even if they are a sugar daddy club
                    Last edited by EJG1980; 10-04-2013, 20:14.

Comment

The two games against Barca by PSG have essentially shown that to whoever gets them in the semi final... go out, deliberately nobble Messi in the first ten minutes, and then the rest of the two legs will be infinitely easier. Barca looked rather lost without him on the pitch.
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Semi-final draw:

Bayern vs Barcelona
                        Dortmund vs Real Madrid

Should be some tasty matches there! Not sure who I want to see in the final... I'd probably go for Barcelona vs Dortmund as I can't recall having seei them play each other before.

Gotta laugh at the "it's a fix!" conspiracy theorists that come out after these draws. Apparently this has been fixed to try and get an El Classico final, even though Spanish vs German in the semi-finals was the most likely draw.

Comment

Bayern vs Dortmund would be amazing.

Comment

It would be nice to see an all German final after we've had all Spanish, Italian and English finals in the past. It'd probably be the noisiest final too, German fans are brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                              Gotta laugh at the "it's a fix!" conspiracy theorists that come out after these draws. Apparently this has been fixed to try and get an El Classico final, even though Spanish vs German in the semi-finals was the most likely draw.
                              Don't know why anyone would be moaning. An El Classico at Wembley would be something to remember!

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Dortmund repeats its 1997 shocker.

Real Madrid has a hard time facing German squads, they never beat one. Barcelona is kind losing it the further this season progresses. I think an all German final is very much a possibility, with the underdog grabbing the cup.

Comment

Working...
                                X