Champions League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelsea, honestly?

I read you reckon Torres set up both goals smurf. I haven't seen the goal but read Luiz's was a 20 yard strike. I would hardly deem that set up. Now, in all seriousness, how is Torres performing this year? I haven't had the chance to watch much football as of late but what little I have seen his all round game seems to be sharper than last season.

As for Champions League performances, United's at Benfica was quite good I think. Benfica have a good team and are notoriously difficult to beat at home. Arsenal were, supposedly, undone by an amazing strike and City are new to it.

All in all a good week for the Champions League four.

Comment

He's been officially credited with the two assists...

Torres has been good when he's not being trying to shoot. He's getting around players, moving through defenses but as soon as he goes for the shot, he either takes so many touches he loses it or he shoots it miles over. Maybe we'd be better off not playing him as a lead striker and instead have him focus on setting up chances rather than taking them himself.

Comment

Ok, assists fair enough but we all know the difference between an assist in the form of a pass before a 20 yard belter and a slide rule defence splitting assist. Either way I'm happy to see Torres is on the mend, he should start scoring goals soon enough. The first this season could lead to landslide.

Comment

Tevez refused to come on as a sub when City were 2-0 down. Amaze.

UNOFFICIAL STRIKE ACTION.

Comment

Shamelessly nicked from the BBC live feed.

"An incredible game at Old Trafford but that's nothing on the scenes at the Allianz Arena where Carlos Tevez refused to warm up when he was asked to come on in the second half. Tevez's team-mate Edin Dzeko, who I think he was meant to replace, showed his disgust when he took his place on the bench, and I suspect that is just the start of this particular story."

Comment

Mancini seems to want nothing to do with the little mong twat, judging from his comments tonight.

Comment

Heynckes delivers awesome work at Bayern. Those guys battered Villarreal in spain, and now they took City down rather easily as well. Bayern's hot this year.

Comment

Sounds like unrest at City, seems Dzeko is verbally unhappy too.

Comment

Listened to the City game on the radio, and they sounded like they were playing pretty bloody awfully. The commentators were giving the defence a very hard time. And that whole buisness with Tevez is insane, the money they pay him and he can't be arsed to play when the manager wants him to? I'd get the sack if I told the boss I didn't feel like working today because I was looking for a better job.

Comment

Mancini has said if it's up to him Tevez will never play for Man City again. I thought Modric was bad enough for asking not to play earlier this season, but at least he did it before the match and then got on with it when Redknapp told him to play. To take your place on the bench but then refuse to come on and leave your team mates and travelling fans in the lurch... what a twat.

I enjoyed Souness giving him both barrels after the match Pundits often sit on the fence even when a footballer has done something 100% unacceptable, but Souness just let rip, said he epitomises what the man on the street dislike about modern footballers.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                        Listened to the City game on the radio, and they sounded like they were playing pretty bloody awfully. The commentators were giving the defence a very hard time. And that whole buisness with Tevez is insane, the money they pay him and he can't be arsed to play when the manager wants him to? I'd get the sack if I told the boss I didn't feel like working today because I was looking for a better job.
                        Yeah, but you're not worth fifty million quid

(I assume)

Comment

Tevez is claiming he didn't refuse to play in interviews this morning. Regardless, think we've probably seen the last of him at City.

Comment

If he didn't refuse to play, what did he do? It was oretty evident that he refused to train when he was told to. This all needs to be clarified.

Comment

The second round is looking more evenly balanced this year without the usual quota of English and Spanish clubs we've had in the past few seasons. Only Italy have managed to get more than two teams into the knock-out phase, must be a few years since they've been the most represented nation at this stage.

I wonder how seriously the Manchester clubs will take the Europa League?

Comment

I can see City giving the Europa a good go, but after some of the talk from Man U about the competition in the past I doubt they'll give it any more attention than they do the Carling Cup.

There is a better country spread than usual in the knockout round, but so many of the second placed teams are going to be pushovers for the group winners that it won't make any difference to the number of the regulars that are in the quarter finals.

Willing to bet Arsenal or Chelsea draw AC Milan though

Comment

Working...
                                X