No announcement yet.

Premier League 2011/12 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, we got Aguero for the price of Carroll!

Comment

Transfer fee? Yes. Wages? Not even close.

Comment

Hang on, he has played against a team in Swansea who want to play expansive flowing football. Which is exactly the kind of recipe for getting taken apart by teams containing technically gifted players.

I'm not suggesting for a second Aguero will fail miserably against someone like Stoke but I'd like to see how he does react, that'll give me an indication on whether or not he will be a true success at Man City. I hope he does amazingly because from what I've heard about him I'd love to witness the kind of player he is touted to be.

But lets not get too carried away.

Comment

Swansea probably have no midfield to speak of and a very shaky defensive not used to parking the bus. Probably the best side City could hope to play against.

Remains to be seen how they do against more experienced sides.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
            The Mail are reporting that Chelsea could bid for Meireles. I don't hold out much belief that'll happen, not entirely sure if I'd want it or not either.
            Considering one of the first things Villa Boas did as Porto coach was sanction Meireles' departure to Anfield it would seem highly unlikely.

Comment

More potential rubbish from the Mail saying we've had a ?22mill bid for Juan Mata turned down. Don't trust the Mail at all but he's exactly the player we need.

Modric looks set to come in, Benayoun looks set to leave.

Comment

He's exactly the player Arsenal need as well, so I think we can expect him in a Chelsea shirt before long

Saying that, Arsenal need 11 players at the moment.

Comment

Ahh, Harry, I love what you've done at Spurs but sometimes a little bit of restraint with the mouth would be useful. After saying that if Modric went we'd bring in four players to boost the team, he also said that the chairman's position was still that Modric isn't for sale at any price. Harry must know though that the papers would ignore the latter and concentrate on the former.

I'm still fairly confident Modric will actually stay, but Harry's comments have put a dent in that confidence. The important person is Daniel Levy though, he made such a big point about Modric not being sold under any circumstances that I would expect him to stick to that. I would lose a fair bit of respect for him if Modric does go.

Comment

Could end up being Kalou/Benayoun (or both) + money. Wouldn't get much cash with that kind of deal mind, probably not good having arriving players thinking they're just value added bonuses.

Kalou is great as an impact sub but he misses far too often when starting.

Comment

Enough of this Modrock crap! Keep him and sell us Kranjcar. These damn Lahndoners and their Charlie Big Bollocks antics, let someone else have a look in!

Our new transfer pitch to fringe squad players on big teams should be - come to the North East, we don't riot round these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                        Could end up being Kalou/Benayoun (or both) + money. Wouldn't get much cash with that kind of deal mind, probably not good having arriving players thinking they're just value added bonuses.

Kalou is great as an impact sub but he misses far too often when starting.
                        It's another thing that I haven't seen widely reported, but Harry did say during the interview that he wouldn't want any Chelsea players in exchange.

It is annoying though that he's saying this now, about selling him early so we can get other players in. That would make sense if he'd said it in July, but saying it now, with less than two weeks of the window to go? With the speed our transfers move at there's no way we'd get in all the players he wanted in that time!

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                        Enough of this Modrock crap! Keep him and sell us Kranjcar. These damn Lahndoners and their Charlie Big Bollocks antics, let someone else have a look in!

Our new transfer pitch to fringe squad players on big teams should be - come to the North East, we don't riot round these parts.
                        It'd be a damn shame if Kranjcar left, he's a great player who has done really well for us. He is too good for the bench though so I wouldn't begrudge him a move away. He has the added bonus of instantly making your team the best looking in the league, no matter what other players you have in your team. Ahhhhh, Krunchie...
                        Last edited by EJG1980; 18-08-2011, 09:45.

Comment

Well, we need to counterbalance David Vaughan.

Comment

HEY YOU GUYS!

Comment

Liverpool looked as if they should demolish Arsenal from about 20 minutes then eased off towards the end of the half. Arsenal players were largely scared to commit to a shot or to get into the box (except for Nasri).

Both teams seem to be continuing their current form at the moment.

Comment

Another SCANDALOUS derby performance, masterminded by the man who supports the opposition. He must use some kind of subtle psychological warfare in the dressing room on his own team, so that they crumble against his boyhood heroes.

We've brought in a whole new team, yet the end result is the same - humiliation.

A man sent off, another who should have went, and a defeat at home.

Against a team who have sold three of their best players.

There's are no excuses. We will NEVER, EVER win a derby under Steve Bruce. That man's a ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X