No announcement yet.

Euro 2012 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Oh - Sorry for my outburst yesterday) I don't want to be the villian. Sorry again.

Cracking opening day.

Comment

I was gonna just do a double on Germany and Holland to win but the potential winnings from my massive daily ?5 bet were a bit crappy, so I've gone for a couple of long shots: ?2.50 on Holland to win 3-0 and ?2.50 on Germany to win 2-0 with Muller scoring first.

Comment

I'm looking at the odds around currently. Are Portugal really that far behind Germany? Last night I made a little bit on betfair with some trading and I'm looking at both games today. Been looking about to see where the value is, Denmark dont tend to concede too many I think. Obviously the stakes will be higher playing their neighbours too.

Stick some money on Bendtner to score

Comment

Portugal haven't been too hot in recent times (in qualifying they scraped into the play-offs on goal difference ahead of Norway and finished behind Denmark) but I don't think the gap with Germany is quite as wide as the odds suggest. Probably being optimistic with 3-0 to Holland but I need to place optimistic bets to make my tiny stakes worthwhile

Comment

I can see Germany narrowly beating Portugal - the Germans always show up for the big tournaments. 1-0 I reckon. ;p

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
              Highly impressive counter footballing by Russia. They are very dangerous, their 3-0 win in Italy wasn't a fluke. Their defense is ropey, but they are not alone on that. Can see them pulling off another shocker.

Dzagoev is a revelation. Kokorin just as much.

This game kills about anything we've seen in South Africa.
              Was good wasn't it, think they'd give anyone a game but not sure they have everything to win the cup.

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
              On a side note, i see ITV have spared no expense with the opening graphics and stupid feature, looks like some con knocked it up at a woodwork skill shop in some jail.
              Yep.

Originally posted by Stoppy2000 View Post
              Itv football coverage is bloody awful. No surprises. Chiles is useless, he seriously just reads off a card.
              ...and yep.

and what about those bloody awful boots they are wearing, half pink half white jobs and all manner of other strange monstrosities, in South Africa they all seemed to have some odd day glo ones.

Looking forward to seeing the Germans, they tend to have proper black Addidas types.

Comment

Well worked goal from Denmark. Went completely against the run of play.

Comment

Goal for Denmark! Might make the Dutch pick up the pace a bit, they've kept the ball well but it has been a little bit pedestrian.

Comment

'Why doesn't Robben just pull the trigger and shoot himself?'.

Gotta love Keown commentary!

Comment

Not sure what the Dutch are playing at, they seem more interested in appealing for free kicks then playing with any sort of pace.

Comment

Bit of a shocker. Netherlands always seem to be less than the sum of their parts with so many great players.

Comment

Well done Denmark, always nice to see some unexpected results.

Harry needs to take Lineker's advice, use this opportunity to sign up Seedorf! I don't care how old he is, to see him in a Spurs shirt would be fantastic.

Comment

Those Dutch boys left their shooting boots at home. RVP seemed to have his boots on the wrong feet. A rotten team performance.

I hope the Germans are more clinical in this game.

Comment

It's as if both Holland and Germany are more focused on Wednesdays match.

Comment

A chod game so far. There's such a lack of composure and basic skill in front of goal today.

Comment

Working...
                                X