No announcement yet.

Premier League 2013/14 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new manager is getting a real poisoned chalice. We're the relegated-elect and the games since day one this season have proved that as a team, we have a heart the size of a pea, the penetrative quality of a bag of snapped cocks, and the communication and tactical awareness of the Light Brigade commander.

Relegation followed by further asset stripping beckons.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
      The new manager is gettinggib poisoned chalice. We're the relegated-elect and the games since day one this season have proved that as a team, we have a heart the size of a pea, the penetrative quality of a bag of snapped cocks, and the communication and tactical awareness of the Light Brigade commander.

Relegation followed by further asset stripping beckons.
      I have no doubt despite your ****ness you will still find a way to turn us over, this the way it always is

Comment

Sunderland played better against ManU than I've seen them do so far this season, if you can keep it up, there may be a chance...
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

A dreadful first five minutes and last 5 minutes completely ruining what otherwise I thought was a pretty gutsy performance.
          But if you switch off then you don't deserve anything as we rather brilliantly proved today.
          Willian's goal was quite some strike. Fair play.

Comment

So many errors in that game from both sides. Many errors by Ruddy who otherwise performed very well.

Curious refereeing, too. I personally like referees who give the benefit of the doubt and try their best to let play go on, avoids blowing the whistle unless they really have to and just let the players who clearly went down easily stay on the floor. On the other hand, some pretty stone wall fouls went unpunished.

Comment

Good away day with Villa...but Hull is such an awful, grim place! Getting "threatened" by a gang of 12 year olds was hilarious!! The little scamps

Game was absolutely awful...****ty long ball hoofing to the striker like it was 1990.
              West Ham result was amazing though, this season might actually be interesting for a change!

Comment

Poyet? Another lunatic... Fantastic news.

Comment

He will bring Tarico too I reckon, he was a dirty fukka!

Comment

He was a filthy bastard on the pitch (I remember him getting sent off two matches running once, when he was at Spurs) but seemed to be pretty honourable off it; he got a long term injury straight after signing for West Ham and got them to cancel his contract so they didn't have to pay him for doing nothing for a year. I actually quite liked him as a player, when he wasn't doing something stupid, although you didn't have to do much to stand out in our ****ty teams back then!

Poyet seems like less of a nutter that Di Canio so maybe he will have a better time up at Sunderland than Paolo did.

Comment

Tarico would have left his studs in on his gran on her birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                        Good away day with Villa...but Hull is such an awful, grim place! Getting "threatened" by a gang of 12 year olds was hilarious!! The little scamps
                        LOL! Yeah, it is a **** hole. Says something about a place when the highlight is finding a guy that sold decent weed.

Glad I never have to go there again!

Comment

Everything always boils down to petty crime with you, FaMMydoDd.

Comment

Really good idea from Newcastle United re ticket prices for away fans.

They've said that they will charge away fans at St James Park ?20 a ticket, if the visiting club does the same for Newcastle fans in the reverse fixture. If a few other clubs agree to the deal it might be able to gather a bit of momentum and hopefully all the clubs would eventually sign up. Bad PR for the clubs who don't sign up if most others are doing it.

As I'm about to spend ?41 and ?42 for tickets to Villa and Everton away matches, I would welcome this scheme very much! Probably wishful thinking though, measures to help out fans don't usually seem to get off the ground.

One thing I'd like to see happen is that if Sky move a game for TV, train tickets bought in advance for the original date would still be honoured (I've fallen foul of that more than once). Subsidised by Sky of course... yeah, now that really is wishful thinking

Comment

Ah, but who will blink first?

The Mags ... Pfft. They'll stab you in the back after your team have already housed their fans for 20 notes. The Thatcherite arseholes.

Comment

I can say the away end at toon probably isn't worth ?20 a ticket its way way way up in the sticks

Comment

Working...
                                X