No announcement yet.

Liverpool FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I'd post before they decided to rename the footy forum here to 'Spurs forum'

Good run of results from the reds, Sturridge close to returning, Sterling close to return from a holiday n the sun, Markovic looking more and more effective, Coutinho continuing to be a special tricky player, Emre Can a strong and technical talent, Blah blah fade out... Liverpool get beat by Villa...

Nah, things are looking up. Sort out the goalie and strengthen the defence please.

Comment

LFC need to hit title winning form from this point out to reach top-four. Or winning the Europa League would obviously suffice.

Do you think they are capable of either?
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 11-01-2015, 13:49.

Comment

I'm not sure. I think they could do either our even both, but it's a funny ol' game innit, geezer?

Comment

Ha! A funny old game it definitely is.

I'll just say that it's one or the other for me. They simply haven't been playing well enough to inspire confidence across all fronts.

Comment

Awesome performance from the reds last night. If only Stevie's chance went the right side of the post!

Such an entertaining display against a strong Chelsea side. Fair enough, they played a shut shop setup (scaredy cats!).

Allover the pitch though, our players played to a similar level to last season. Coutinho and Sterling are a joy to watch.

Comment

Yes cracking display last night, things have been on the up for a few weeks now, we seem to be heading in the right direction again.

Wonder if Sturridge will be back to play any part in the second leg.

Comment

Sturridge is back next Saturday, for the league game against West Ham, outside chance of Tuesday and the second leg against Chelsea

Mario Balotelli has not been good enough in training to play for Liverpool at the moment, according to Brendan Rodgers.

Comment

It's a meeeeeee! Mario!

Comment

Gah, gutted to lose that at the end after coming from behind twice. Thought Balotelli would score when he came on though, someone getting their first goal is the kind of thing that happens against us! Great match though, thought we did well enough to deserve an away point but can't complain about Liverpool winning as they played great. Looks like it'll be a right battle for the CL places this season, so many teams with barely any points between them.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      It's a meeeeeee! Mario!
                      Appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by EJG1980 View Post
                        Gah, gutted to lose that at the end after coming from behind twice. Thought Balotelli would score when he came on though, someone getting their first goal is the kind of thing that happens against us! Great match though, thought we did well enough to deserve an away point but can't complain about Liverpool winning as they played great. Looks like it'll be a right battle for the CL places this season, so many teams with barely any points between them.
                        Spurs played well in all fairness. Hopefully Levy sees sense and keeps Pochettino for the long haul - clearly working wonders at Spurs.

Was genuinely worried Spurs would nick a late equalizer/winner like they have in most games this season. Why was Eriksen taken off?

Comment

Bit of an offside second goal for Spurs there. Thought Dowd was on bad E. Nearly wasn't giving us the pen. Jordan Ibe looking like a superstar already. Harry Kane is gonna be a star too, even if he does look like the wicked witch of the south east

Comment

Really feared that Ibe wouldn't see much game time back at LFC after doing really well on loan at Derby County, but he's looking sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              Was genuinely worried Spurs would nick a late equalizer/winner like they have in most games this season. Why was Eriksen taken off?
                              I guess Poch just wanted to try a bit of a more direct approach from a fresh Chadli a chance at the end. Our attacks weren't quite as incisive as the second half wore on so not a bad move to try and mix things up a bit. Shame it didn't work!

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                              Bit of an offside second goal for Spurs there. Thought Dowd was on bad E. Nearly wasn't giving us the pen. Jordan Ibe looking like a superstar already. Harry Kane is gonna be a star too, even if he does look like the wicked witch of the south east
                              My older brother said that Harry Kane would never be any good "because his weird face just doesn't look like the face of a good striker!" I make sure to remind him of that every time Kane scores.

I was very annoyed with that linesman. Bloody idiot, doing his job correctly! At least the linesman on the other side did the right thing for our second goal

Comment

About time

Comment

Working...
                                X